What's new
What's new

Military drawings for firearm parts

KevinCollins

Plastic
I have a fairly large collection of military drawings for the M1911 pistol, M16A1 & M16A2 rifles, and the M14 rifle. Several of the drawings for the M14 also work for the M1 Garand, M14 National Match, and the M21 sniper rifle.

If any of you are working on projects that involve any of the firearms listed above, and you would like to have copies of some drawings, please don't hesitate to ask. I will happily give out some drawings if it will guarantee that people will machine firearms parts to the correct dimensions and material specifications.

Later,

Kevin

PM sent

Hello Kevin,
Welcome to the forum! I collect technical data and I've sent you a PM with my contact information. I would appreciate hearing from you.

Regards,
Joe

Hi Kevin,
I have also sent a PM. I have a few projects I am working, and I hope you can provide some help.

Thanks

Origin of military drawings

I got the drawings from the original aperture cards. Each card had a small photograph. The photographs were scanned and converted to a digital format.

Kevin

Spec D-P-355A governs the manufacture of the:
PISTOL, CALIBER .45, AUTOMATIC: M11911AI

As the military likes to call it.

Theres other specs referenced in that that may be of interest such as:MIL-W-13855 - Weapons, Small Arms,General Specification for.

They dont give mfg prints but googling that will give you some valuable info as it appears to be the test spec.

Firearm drawings

I hope everyone I have sent drawings have been pleased with them.

If anyone is working on a project, and additional engineering help is needed, don't hesitate to ask me for help. I have been working in the firearm industry as a design engineer since 2002. I can give suggestions for material selection and heat treatments. I can also model up parts with AutoCAD and SolidWorks.

Kevin

Military Drawings Message

Kevin,

I am new to the Practical Machinist website. I see that your original post was from 2010.

Do you still have the military drawings for the M1911 pistol, M16A1 & M16A2 rifles, and the M14 rifle?

If so, could you please send me copies?

Thanks.
Stan Holland
(sddutch)

Your original post is below.
I have a fairly large collection of military drawings for the M1911 pistol, M16A1 & M16A2 rifles, and the M14 rifle. Several of the drawings for the M14 also work for the M1 Garand, M14 National Match, and the M21 sniper rifle.

If any of you are working on projects that involve any of the firearms listed above, and you would like to have copies of some drawings, please don't hesitate to ask. I will happily give out some drawings if it will guarantee that people will machine firearms parts to the correct dimensions and material specifications.

Later,

Kevin

OP (KevinCollins) last visited forum five years ago

Kevin,

I am new to the Practical Machinist website. I see that your original post was from 2010.

Do you still have the military drawings for the M1911 pistol, M16A1 & M16A2 rifles, and the M14 rifle?

If so, could you please send me copies?

Thanks.
Stan Holland
(sddutch)

Your original post is below.

Back