What's new
What's new

A mill/drill followed me home today

mickri

Plastic
Bought an Excel EC-30B mill/drill today from an estate. The family's grandpa bought this mill/drill brand new 15 to 20 years ago, made a nice heavy rolling stand for it and then never used it. It has been in storage for over 10 years. No tooling came with it except for a Walter rotary table model RF 380 TG. The family is still going through Gramp's stuff and if they find any tooling they will call me.
I plan to sell the Walter rotary table. It is 15 inches in diameter and so heavy that I can't even pick it up. It also doesn't fit on the table. Any idea what this should sell for and the best place to list it for sale?
The mill/drill is missing 2 handles. One for the Y axis and one to raise and lower the head. Any body know where I might find these?
It has some surface rust which is to be expected. Otherwise is in good condition. I will take it apart and give it a good cleaning before I use it.
I am fully aware of the limitations of this machine. Getting into machining is just a hobby for me and I think this mill will suit my needs. If not I can always sell it and buy something else.
I paid $500 for it.

Back