What's new
What's new

Model Nordenfelt Quick Firing gun in .22

Fractal

Cast Iron
I was sent some plans from 1900 for a working model of the Maxim-Nordenfelt quick firing gun on a naval mount in .22LR caliber. There are no dimensions, but the drawings are to scale and there should be enough information to make this...as that was the intent of the series of articles.

The file is in PDF format and has been zipped, but it's still just under 3MB. Is there a place that I can host this that will allow anyone to retrieve it without a fuss? I'm not interested in registering for an account anywhere and I really would prefer not to have to email this a hundred times. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe

Is it possible to post it in the machine manuals forum, or even here? Maybe G. Gaskill could make it a sticky for a while to make it available to those interested.

If it is the five barrel hopper fed gun, I would be one of those who would be very interested. I am the project search stage, looking for something not everyone else has done, and that is an intriguing looking gun.

Not the Nordenfelt MG...

Sorry 'Precision Tools' this is not the Nordenfelt MG. It is a semi-automatic cannon. Basically, the model fires, recoils and ejects the empty. You reload and then fire again. These were called 'Quick firing guns' in their day.

As to the Nordenfelt 'machine gun', I am actively restoring one for a customer now. Interesting piece...I can't wait to fire it!

Regards,
Joe

Joe, while the five barrel gun would be a very interesting project, I would also be interested in seeing the QF plans. I have been looking at several diferent guns for a project, including the Hotchkiss QF gun as a potential project, and a set of drawings for the Maxim-Nordenfelt would be of use to me.

Thanks Joe, It downloaded OK on dial up. Just needs a bit of patience.

For those interested, it is a copy of a serialized build article appearing in the Model Engineer and Amateur Electrician starting in May of 1900. It is some 31 pages of drawings and instructions. It is a doable project.

The orignal drawings is on the Wararchives in Stockholm.
I was there some years ago and looked at the rifle drawings, but there is loads of cannon, mg, and shell drawings as well.
But only possiblity of getting photos of them is to visit the place...........

Technika

Can't host them, but would be really pleased to have a copy!

PM me and I will give you an Email address where there is some room.

One possibility is to use the Gmail accounts. You can make up a couple disposable accounts, and either send out the passwords, or just "invite" folks then forward the info to them.

Free storage! Free is good!

Cheers
Trev

Hi Keith, and everyone else,

I am relatively new to PM, but have been lurking for a few weeks now. I have been an admin/moderator over on Lugerforum.com Discussion Forums for over 10 years.

A few years ago I took on a project to make the Luger blueprints available to collectors and gun enthusiasts. I have created a CD that contains the complete blueprints (in German) of the Luger P.08 pistol in very fine detail.

I spent the better part of a year of spare time scanning these prints in sections and then pieceing them back together digitally, and cleaning up as many of the stray marks as possible. The prints were scanned at 300dpi. Drawings are in both .jpg and .tif format. The complete set of blueprints is almost 300 MB of data. Also contained on the CD are scans of the original patent drawings.

If you are interested in owning a copy of this CD, they are $25.00 for delivery by 1st Class Mail within the USA, and $28.00 for delivery outside of the USA.

You can leave me a message here in this thread, or send me a PM, or check Lugerforum.com in the "For Sale" Forum. The thread offering the blueprints is a "sticky"

You have a great website here... I have lots of reading to do.

I've got dial-up (26.4), and last night, after 1-1/2hrs., At 2:30am,it stopped downloading at 2.49mb of the 2.81mb. I'm letting my son download it for me, and put it on a disk. I hope I'm able to grasp the operating system from the text. I see they encourage a lot of hand filing, the way my old German machine shop teacher did. Back then, before we could throw the switch on a shaper or milling machine, we did a lot of profiling the old drill, hand saw, and file method. A large "C" clamp out of 1/2" CRS comes to mind.
Paul

Back