What's new
What's new

muzzleloading speedloaders

WILLEO6709

Diamond
I recently acquired a brand new Remington 700 "uml" muzzleloader - the one that uses the remington 9-1/2M primer in the chopped off .308 case to launch 250 grains of sabot over 200 grains of powder..... The thing is impressing me so far. I am about 12 shots in including sight in and already took a big whitetail doe at abut 125 yards.... dropped it in its tracks. First 3 shot group was about 1.5 inches.... and I think its capable of more, I just need to get in tune with it.

The only question - all the speedloader I have seen say up to 150 grains of powder plus the bullet. Is there anything out there for a 200 grain charge or is it up to me to make my own?

I kind of like the idea of the " rotary type " loaders, but they have a lot of moving parts. I like the simplicity of the little plastic tubes but don't really want to have to use 2 of them. I don't really need a spot for the primer/ brass as I can carry 3 in the floorplate plus one on the load.

If anybody has an over the counter solution let me know.

Thanks in advance

I have a CVA accura that will shoot 150gr of powde. But, I found my best accuracy at 100gr 777 with a 250gr SST. That combo is sub MOA at 100yds in my rifle. I only say this because you may find that backing your charge down a bit may provide better accuracy and is still overkill for your intended game. The few whitetails I have shot with mine out to about 75yds have not taken a step. Literally crumbled where they stood.
Other than that I would grab a speedloader and see if the charge will fit or do a google search for a 200gr speedloader. Are you shooting pellets or or powder?

shooting 4 50 grain triple 7 pellets.... Its ag country with few geographical funnels.... I am shooting 200 grains for now , may try 180 or so later.

I am looking for a loader to hold 200 grain charges regardless of what anyone thinks I should be loading..... I can put 150 grains in a 200 grain tube but not vice versa.

If you can't find any pre-made 200 grain versions, you could get some thin wall brass tubing from a hobby shop, cut a 150 in half and epoxy the tube over the middle to extend as needed.

Ya can get clear plastic tube for cutters and reamers cut to length. If you using pelleted powder I dont see where it would need to be tight.

Back