I do all my main gunsmithing during the winter when all the shooting matches shut down. This winter I decided to build another uspsa open division gun that will become my primary competition gun. In 2009 I build my current primary competition gun, which I like a lot, however, I wanted a little more nose weight. So this time around I went with a long dust cover to give me 4 to 5 ounces more up front.
You can see the progress pictures here:
I didn't like the way the comp looked so last night I milled 45deg angles on the sharp bottom corners.
This weekend I'm going to serrate the flat top.
I'm still tossing around the idea of doing some decorative lines on the frame, however I don't want to remove too much metal since it defeats the whole purpose of going with the long dust cover.
I plan to run a few thousand rounds through it before sand blasting everything and sending it off to be hard chromed.