What's new
What's new

Need some Ideas on type of steel for part

m stoner

Aluminum
I have a astra Constable need to no what kind of steel to make the part that releases the slide to take it apart,the small u shaped piece with 2 springs on it,you pull down to release the slide,mine broke 1 ear off now it's a bitch to get apart to clean???I'm no smithey by any means and need to Know about spring replacement too won't fire any round unless its lead prime,my best friend who started to help me with this project was murdered by X S P He was 30 yr smith,thanks for any info I can get stoner

CONSTABLE. Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

So, I'm guessing part #39 - disassembly latch?

It would also help to know if this part is impacted by the slide when the gun is fired.

Steve
Yes sir I'll take it out of the box and see if i find any impact marks on the latch,been a while since I broke it I don't remember,thanks for the parts break down,I have the orignal manual that came with it but It's so small I can't read it any more I'll get back with that info thanks much stoner,,,I think my cousin won the state championship pistol shooter down there last year John Horsley no him???

Steve it shows impact to this piece has mushrooming look to it,so I got A 1 and was thinkin of trying that,don't want to tear up any thing or will it not be hard enough I'm no metalurgist just begining got fellow who has 50 years in to heat treat for Latrobe Steel helps me when I need it but thought someone on here could have better smarts about it He's 78 we laughed like hell about it the other day,sayin remember when???? thank stoner

Back