What's new
What's new

new and ignorant

dauntae

Plastic
ok so i am looking to get into gunsmithing, and was wondering if there was a single place i could go to for all the information and procedures like sale and induction of guns and all of these legal things, like a book or website something, the ATF has basic guidelines but nothing useful to start. i was an armorer in the usmc who also worked as a 2112, so i have the repair exp on gun, just not the legal exp on civilian sale and stuff.

I'm not an FFL, so I can't vouch for completeness, but years ago, when I was looking into it, I bought a "How to Get Your FFL" kit. I think I still see these advertised in the shooting rags. That had what seemed like a pretty good explanation of the federal rules and 'best practices' to keep you on the up and up. State matters are another concern though, and not covered.

HTH,
GsT

Start at the beginning and follow the rules..starting with the title of your thread..It has nothing to explain you request.

Buy an old junk shotgun . hack saw the barrel then hand square and crown with a file, drill and tap the front sight to new location, make a new stock by hand, hand finish the steel and re-blue, buy a decent lathe and go through How to Run a Lathe page by page learning everything down pat, enroll in a gunsmithing school to ace the education.
Or find a best friend who is a gun smith and treat him like your journeyman and you the apprentice.

Yes I think the book is good but just the very basic learning.

No I am not a gun smith but can do the simplest gun work will.

Back