What's new
What's new

New member, check out my work

maksecgroup

Plastic
Members of Practical Machinist,

I've been hanging around the forum for a long time. Being inspired by many of the projects the users of this forum undertake, I've decided to become a member and share some of what I do. Check out the Projects that I currently have under construction.

Lower_Receiver_Forging_M16A1_3.jpgLower_Receiver_Forging_M16A1_4.jpgReceiver_Lower_Model_M16A1_4.jpgUpper_Receiver_Forging_M16A4_3.jpgReceiver_Upper_M16A4_4.jpg

I'll just give you some background on the work I do:

1. I have developed these items to be used for Research and Development, Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Collecting or as a Wall Enhancement. I have decided to take on these projects as many of the items available online are caricatures of firearms at best, which was a real disconcerting issue.
2. I currently work with SolidWorks 2015. That being said, other formats include 3D STEP/IGES

If you're interested, you can check out my other work at the following website below:

MAKSEC Group | M16, M1911, M14 CAD

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Furthermore, if you would like to get in touch with me because you have CAD questions, or other queries, you can contact me through the forum. That being said, I will also include my E-Mail, below:

[email protected]

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself. I'll end by saying there is more to come... M14...

Thanks again,

AM

Forgive me if I am not understanding you, but what exactly do you do? I checked your website, and it seems you are selling prints of commonly available uppers and lowers.

Forgive me if I am not understanding you, but what exactly do you do? I checked your website, and it seems you are selling prints of commonly available uppers and lowers.

That's pretty much it - he probably joins every firearm/gunsmithing 'enthusiast' website/forum he can find, then posts about his 'product' which happens to be a $40 pdf that you can get for free elsewhere. I think he's counting on what he thinks are fancy renderings to do the selling.

If he actually did the modeling or rendering himself, next time he should scrub off the "Property of US GOVT" inscription, especially as his location says Canada. But since he likely stole those too, he probably doesn't know how, or have the licenses to do new renderings. (Or is it popular in the Gun world to put fake government markings on homemade lowers? I really don't know.)

His website is kind of cruddy and broken too, which always scores bonus points in my book. I have a feeling he's one of those types who wouldn't even bother to send the free pdf for $40 bucks to at least pretend what he's doing isn't a complete scam (or maybe he's just a credit card phisher - anyone want to roll the dice to find out?) :willy_nilly:

I'm actually a 4th Mechanical Engineering Student and Firearms Enthusiast who hoped to share some of the work that I do. I figured this was an active site, I was right in that respect.

Is this drawing commonly available? Granted, the Front Sight Forging and Charging Handle Assembly are missing as I don't have the RAW forgings as a starting point to Reverse Engineer. I was thinking about contacting Brass Aluminum Forgings for a set.

As you can see, I have modelled the M16A1. You can check out my GRABCAD before any other accusations are made.

I'm aware of the prints available online. The common "AR-15" print has errors in the Fire Control Pocket.

If you have any other queries, I'd be glad to answer them.

F8448500_Rifle_Assembly_M16A1-page-001.jpg

Is this drawing commonly available? Granted, the Front Sight Forging and Charging Handle Assembly are missing as I don't have the RAW forgings as a starting point to Reverse Engineer.
View attachment 167404

Well... yes... actually... And a small number of others... Not commenting on you or any work you may have done, but to answer your question, "yes".

Attachments

• M4_CAD.jpg
    M4_CAD.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 290
As you can see, I have modelled the M16A1. You can check out my GRABCAD before any other accusations are made.

I'm aware of the prints available online. The common "AR-15" print has errors in the Fire Control Pocket.

Your first problem is that your very first post on this website was a sales pitch.

Your second problem is that your sales pitch was for something easy to find for free online.

Your third problem is that your stuff on GrabCAD is hard to find on its own because there is so much other stuff that looks exactly like it on there. I won't make a guess as to who borrowed who's files. Or, just as likely, every guy with a CAD seat who's into guns has modeled up an AR and a 1911. (Personally I'm a fan of the Ferrari 458 that some lunatic modeled in excruciating detail. He must have a government job.) It's also all available on Trace Parts and 3D Content Central, and probably half a dozen other sites I don't know off the top of my head.

So now I feel kind of bad for potentially being a jerk to someone who just didn't know any better - but making the first post an advertisement is still in poor taste.

Your first problem is that your very first post on this website was a sales pitch.

Your second problem is that your sales pitch was for something easy to find for free online.

Your third problem is that your stuff on GrabCAD is hard to find on its own because there is so much other stuff that looks exactly like it on there. I won't make a guess as to who borrowed who's files. Or, just as likely, every guy with a CAD seat who's into guns has modeled up an AR and a 1911. (Personally I'm a fan of the Ferrari 458 that some lunatic modeled in excruciating detail. He must have a government job.) It's also all available on Trace Parts and 3D Content Central, and probably half a dozen other sites I don't know off the top of my head.

So now I feel kind of bad for potentially being a jerk to someone who just didn't know any better - but making the first post an advertisement is still in poor taste.

Obviously, no hard feelings.

My intention is to help members who would like to increase their skills in CAD, in specific regards to firearms. I figured showing my Work through my Website would have been the most effective way to validate my own skills.

Thanks for the interest otherwise!

And having never machined one from bar stock there are none of the changes you make
in the design to speed production, so it isn't a very time consuming 3d cnc operation.
and no I'm not going to tell you what they are either,
but you need a .375, .125 and .0625 corner rounding cutter.

And going from a raw forging well there are actual step by step directions with illustration
out there for free.
Better price better information.

Plans have never really been a problem to find, how to actually make it that's a different story.

Here's more of what's to come. There is a FREE Native SolidWorks 2015 SLDPRT File with full feature-tree, along with Blueprints on my website if anyone would like to tackle machining this part, or are just interested in learning the procedure to CAD a 40MM: M203 Receiver.

F8448338_Receiver-page-001.jpgF8448338_Receiver-page-002.jpgF8448338_Receiver-page-003.jpg

Back