What's new
What's new

OT: Where to sell collectible ammo?

sinned

Aluminum
This is not a FS post.

I ended up with 6 boxes of old shot gun shells that I think are collectible- skeet tracer rounds, duck and pheasant loads, duck loads. Full boxes, all name brands with good to excellent boxes.

Where does one find the collectible type folks?

sinneD

sinned

Shotshells are a collecting specialty that very few people participate in. Unless your shells are really rare or unique they won't be worth much. In fact, the boxes usually command more of a premium than do the shells.

But, you might try here. They have a buy/sell forum but you may have to register or join before posting.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/forum/index.php?sid=b8cb8c3d8b063f55770cef74c496c16d

or here

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4321043

Good luck

Ray

You can sell the empty boxes on Ebayand the may bring a good price depending what they are.. The shells can be sold on Gunbroker.com but it may not be worth the effort and you will need to be careful you do not break any laws. I just sold a rare .14ga Remington UMC shell and only got $15.00. Yes, .14ga was not a typo. Good luck! Gary P. Hansen

You can sell the empty boxes on Ebayand the may bring a good price depending what they are.. The shells can be sold on Gunbroker.com but it may not be worth the effort and you will need to be careful you do not break any laws. I just sold a rare .14ga Remington UMC shell and only got $15.00. Yes, .14ga was not a typo. Good luck! Gary P. Hansen

.14 ga??

whats the bore on that??

gotta be about 2-3"?!?!?!

The bore of a 14ga. is a little biger that a 16ga. and a little smaller than a 12ga. Infact. it is exactly halfway in between. I still have one left if anyone wants to buy it. I do not know how old it is or if it is smokless or black powder. I have had many "experts" tell me that there never was such a thing as a 14ga. but they are wrong. I have read that once apound a time there were 24ga., 26ga., and even a 32ga. You can stioo buy 10ga., 28ga. and even 8ga. newly manufactured shot gun shells. 8ga. are only sold for industral purpouses. Gary P. Hansen

Gary

I believe the 14 Gauge shells were discontinued around 1915 - 1920 although shooters who had shotguns could still buy components and load their own for a while after that.

It is strange why antique shotgun shells sell for so little. There just are not a lot of collectors, except for the boxes which will fetch some incredible prices.

Ray

Back