What's new
What's new

Pic of Custom fabricated gun drilling and rifling machine

I'd be interested in seeing the other pictures. It appears to be a very nicely executed version of the machine Guy Lautard once sold 'plans' for.

GsT

I'd be interested in seeing the other pictures. It appears to be a very nicely executed version of the machine Guy Lautard once sold 'plans' for.

GsT

If there are plans available for this type of machine I would like to know about it. If you can post, or send me a link that would be great.

Thanks

Ron

If there are plans available for this type of machine I would like to know about it. If you can post, or send me a link that would be great.

Thanks

Ron

In spite of the maker calling it his own design, it's basically the design in this video: http://lautard.com/rmv.htm . Guy Lautard's books have been out of print for a while, so I'd attempt to contact him before placing an order, to make sure he's still in business. You get a video and a few pages of notes. It's a walk-through of a completed machine, and demonstration. It's not really 'plans' - just conceptual information and some build notes - but the concepts are quite simple and there's enough information that a mechanically-inclined individual should be able to build one.

The machine in the video is relatively crude. The machine in these pictures appears to be conceptually identical, but very well planned and executed, with an eye toward aesthetics.

GsT

Pillow Block Bearings for Webb Machine

In spite of the maker calling it his own design, it's basically the design in this video: http://lautard.com/rmv.htm . Guy Lautard's books have been out of print for a while, so I'd attempt to contact him before placing an order, to make sure he's still in business. You get a video and a few pages of notes. It's a walk-through of a completed machine, and demonstration. It's not really 'plans' - just conceptual information and some build notes - but the concepts are quite simple and there's enough information that a mechanically-inclined individual should be able to build one.

The machine in the video is relatively crude. The machine in these pictures appears to be conceptually identical, but very well planned and executed, with an eye toward aesthetics.

GsT

I have a set of the 2" pillow block bearings needed to build that machine if anyone is interested.

Back