What's new
What's new

Question - Brno/ CZ scope mount

zimbo

Aluminum
Hi,

Someone just paid me for some work I did for them by giving me a Brno .270 rifle in pretty decent condition. I am not much of a rifle man, prefer my wing shooting. So my question is it came with a Tasco 3-9x40 scope of worse condition but am not going to buy a scope for a gun that I will use infrequently, other than shooting poacher dogs and the like. Obviously the scope was never used on the rifle and current mounts don't fit.

Scope tube is 1" which is common size I have gathered and the dovetail on the rifle is about 3/4". Chap at bass pro shop said I had to contact CZ and get their mounts. Doesn't make sense to me in the land of plenty. Search on Amazon came up with some items, but not much in the way of dimensions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. What size and model, etc I need and where in the US or South Africa I can get them from.

Cheers,
Greg

Truth or BS, USA or Africa ?

Where did you find a Bass pro shop in Africa

CZ Brno stuff is metric

American stuff will not fit, it's a metric standard

If you want to diy, use the Brno website for info, or measure the rifle in front of you.

If you want to buy, Brno is the right stuff.
World's Largest Supplier of Gun Parts, Gunsmith Tools & Shooting Accessories - Brownells will probably have something for you too

However if you are in Africa, the US export rules won't ship to you.

Hi,

Someone just paid me for some work I did for them by giving me a Brno .270 rifle in pretty decent condition. I am not much of a rifle man, prefer my wing shooting. So my question is it came with a Tasco 3-9x40 scope of worse condition but am not going to buy a scope for a gun that I will use infrequently, other than shooting poacher dogs and the like. Obviously the scope was never used on the rifle and current mounts don't fit.

Scope tube is 1" which is common size I have gathered and the dovetail on the rifle is about 3/4". Chap at bass pro shop said I had to contact CZ and get their mounts. Doesn't make sense to me in the land of plenty. Search on Amazon came up with some items, but not much in the way of dimensions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. What size and model, etc I need and where in the US or South Africa I can get them from.

Cheers,
Greg

Fifty years and more ago, we'd go to Maynard P. Beuhler or Kuharsky Brothers and have whatever was needed made to fit. Metric was no barrier whatsoever. Not new in firearms atall.

Even if still in biz, USA's ITARS & such doesn't make export worth the effort for ANY of the "smallholders". Not your first choice unless you are in the zone for some F-35 FUBAR fighters's.

Brno is indeed your best bet. Local fab in SA second best. Any nation as can have once built an atom bomb, still builds artillery, armoured combat vehicles, and railway equipment - plus a great deal more - will surely have the skills and machinery "handy, somewhere", even if the shop you visited was not it.

And it is worth it.

Brno built good stuff.

The .270 is one of the nicest low-fuss, no-drama, no-dick-swingers need apply, just get the basic job DONE compromises ever chambered.

Steve, yup in Zim. To clear the confusion wife is visiting family so stocking up on my fishing requirements. Thought it would be easy to just go and get something off the shelf there. Thanks, will look into that website and see what I can do.

Might just have to get a smithy in SA to make up something. I don't think any one is left here that is worth their salt.

Have put a box through it over the weekend at some tobacco regrowth. It is pretty sweet, not worth the the bill but something of something is always something and the gesture alone makes up the difference. Not too many honest chaps left here.

Thanks for the input guys.

Back