What's new
What's new

OT Animated Adverts

Alpacca Fortyfive

Stainless
I know there have been threads elsewhere about the long time those animated ads take to run...

But they are so bloody annoying and waste so much time:angry:, here's another one.

The ads make me less likely to visit the site (haven't the time to waste wathching them load)

The advertisers and board hosts might like to consider that that it doesn't matter how long their ads show for if no one is visiting the site to see them...

and I'll be boycotting their goods and services until they stop obstructing the reason I visit this board; for the excellent info the contributors have posted.

Sorry for rant

Keith

They are a pain in the a$$ and I can imagine that is really so with a dialup line. But that is one of the things that makes this a free site so you have to consider it in that light.

Its not the ads but the amount of time it takes for the ads to assemble. It's a waste of time. Alpacca forty five is correct. Other sites handle ads much better.

The slow animated loadup of all the ads is the complaint.

I've set adblock to hide the ads, and will see how it goes.

Thanks
Keith

Update 1:
Adblock hides the ads ok, but the little buggers still have to do their time wasting animation before they get zapped each time a page loads.

Update 2:
Blocking "Doubleclick\js" seems to speed the whole thing up.
Thanks Gary.

Keith

Last edited:
If you've downloaded AdBlock Plus (the most recent version available on the Firefox site) you should select a filter subscription. That takes care of having to click on ads to block them, or having to do anything to block doubleprick. :smoking:
Mark

Back