What's new
What's new

rate my 22LR Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw1ne

Aluminum
I was messing around with a drill press a couple weeks back. Drilled about 7 holes. Can anybody make anything of it? Or give better advice? I was gonna dremel in semicircles to level the grain of the aluminum.
2s922kx.jpg
2rhwc5t.jpg

grain is too high, better level it more.

There is hope though, the work can serve as an example.

Can't really see what you are trying to do there. Was the stock hand held when you drilled it? Dull drills? Maybe should have used an end mill?

That's a mighty semi-shiny turd you have.

What the fuck is it supposed to be again?

What kind of trolling is this?

ETA:

Fine, I'll be fuckin' constructive.

Learn to make basic shapes instead of trying to make a complicated end-use item. You haven't mastered drilling a straight hole. You obviously haven't mastered sharpening a drill. You haven't learned how to hold your work. You likely lack the patience to set something up properly before beginning to cut the first chip. Without that patience and mindset, you'll never get anywhere.

I was messing around with a drill press a couple weeks back. Drilled about 7 holes. Can anybody make anything of it? Or give better advice? I was gonna dremel in semicircles to level the grain of the aluminum.
2s922kx.jpg
2rhwc5t.jpg

My spydie sences are tingling, telling me a troll is present, either that or a complete moron.

JR

Get a cross slide table for your drill press, and hold an endmill in the chuck. Many people do this with some success. With care you could be able to use it as a basic form of milling machine.

I hate to sound like a dick, but what the hell am i looking at?
Its almost like a home cast piece of something with some kinda holes pumped into it.
Youre kidding right?

I don't know what you are asking,or what the point is. Are you related to that guy who wants to make a video game of smashing machine tools?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back