What's new
What's new

Reattaching Rem 700 Bolt Handle

RPManiac408

Aluminum
A client of mine somehow (Only God knows how) managed to break his factory bolt handle off of the bolt body. Does anyone have blueprints or pictures of a fixture to hold/align the bolt handle for reattaching whether its for welding/machining?

~RPM

I just built a fixture to attach to my bolt spider and give me room to get the torch where I need it:

IMG_20140419_231335.jpg

but I'm reconsidering. I've decided to modify a needle-nose vice-grips as per this thread:

How strong should a silver-solder joint be?

After personally DNFing two separate matches due to bolt handle separation, I feel the best solution is fitting a PTG one piece bolt.

Let Dan Armstrong tig your bolt handle on or a custom one. He has welded more bolt handles than everybody put together x2. When Dan does one the two most important things are taken care of, it is permanently attached and the bolt extraction is timed perfectly with your receiver. His turn around time is 2 days max.
Welcome to Accu-TIG
Mini Mauser
24onfvt.jpg

Remington 40X rimfire
a9sgap.jpg

Pierce Remington clone
2ywzjfo.jpg

Remington 600
29kyrs8.jpg

I have several more that Dan has done.

BINGO! We have a winner. Dan does outstanding work, can't knock it of with a sledge hammer and timing is perfect. I threw my silver soldering tools in the trash once I found Dan.

Back