What's new
What's new

Taurus Judge

ahall

Stainless
Does anyone know how Taurus attached the barrels to the Judge revolvers.
I assume they are threaded, but would like to confirm this.

Also, are the longer barrels for the smaller cylinder available with the longer cylinder configuration. If not, what would be envolved in putting the longer barrel on, if anyone has done this.

Will Taurus sell the longer barrel?

im just the messenger here, this is from a picture posted on The Firing Line forums

apparently the barrel and the frame parted ways upon firing, taurus supplied him with a new pistol.

Wont stop me from buying there new circuit judge revolving shotgun this summer though.

I seen a man blow out a revolver once......... well I didn't know it was blown till I heard the ("awww $h!t) from the bench next to mine. Fella had his face intact and seemed less worse for wear. He hardly knew what happened.

Handloads, there great and cheap and accurate, but some idiots have to try to make a .35 whelen out of a 357 magnum :rolleyes5: .

Taurus gets a bad rap for some stuff, but the judge is hugely popular, and even smith and wesson and ruger have the odd lemon.

Myself Im holding out for this, i bet ya this thing would be a grouse hunting machine :willy_nilly:

04_5.jpg

About the cracking frame. I think that the crack as seen is often caused by the factory over tightening the barrel into the frame. This was know to happen on the older J frame S&W air weight guns.

Now can someone explain why I would want a .410 shotgun in a pistol? Other than snake gun, I cant see a use for it. Shoot intruders in the face? Will it make them POed? What am I missing, cause I dont get it?

A lot of guys like to use buckshot in them for home defense. They claim its like firing three 38s at once or something like that. I forget exactly.

Penetration, or lack there of. First round .410 then 45 LC. If the first round deters you don't have to worry as much as the folks in the next room or neighborhood. I have shot skeet with one and it is a very close range weapon. Shooting in the general direction of a perp"s face would likely score a hit or two even in a panic situation.

Back