What's new
What's new

Rem. 700 dm

dixrid2

Plastic
I have a Rem mod. 7 that I bought off Gunbroker. It looks as though someone got out their D4000 Dremel, and tried to grind a portion of the rails out of it. Totally worthless as far as feeding properly. So i'm thinking my only recourse if I want to save the action is to mill the rails to accept a DM. Would someone have some pics of the rails on a factory 700 DM, so I have at least some idea of where I need to go with this....or some dimensions fore and aft in the magazine cutout. I have a standard factory 700SA magazine, and want to keep it the same as factory DM's.

Hah! I Just had this discussion with a friend of mine. I guarantee that someone tried to use an ar15 mag system for that rifle. PTG wants him to modify the receiver by opening up the rails significantly to feed, so much though that if he does it and it still does not feed 100% the receiver is ruined for anything but AI bottom metal or a single shot. Ar 15 mags do not work well for a round bolt to pull rounds out of a ar 15 mag. THe ar uses the "teeth" of the bolt to pull rounds from the mag.
ON the other hand PTG bottom metal using the Polymer Ai mags for .223, not standard AI mags, works flawlessly on the two rifles I have assembled.

Got it. Remington factory DM in a Model 7. Works like a charm. Cycled a dozen rounds through it, and it performed flawlessly.

Back