What's new
What's new

Any Kel-Tec P-3AT Owners?

Tom1

Stainless
I picked up one of these little beasts last week. Other that removing the excess flashing in the trigger guard its pretty much factory, oh I added the belt clip. I have been reading that there are a few ways to make the gun cycle smoother. Perhaps stone the edges of the barrel? I haven't shot it enough to make a real opinion yet, other than it can be concealed very nicely, tough on recoil, but manageable. What do you guys think of em. What ammo are you carrying, I have some Pow r ball...

Tom:I have the P-32, similar to yours, just a wee bit smaller. I put a couple hundred rounds down range before I ever carried it, smoothed it up quite a bit. I only shoot it a few times a year, carries nice though with the belt clip in a pai of shorts. I alternate FMJ and silvertips. It's what I carry when I don't take a gun.

Erik

Thanks for the insight. I will see if I can get a few more round down the pipe tomorrow. I am going to bring it to my shop today for a good cleaning a deburring inside and out.

You might look for the web site of the KTOG -- the Kel-Tec Owners Group. They used to have highly detailed information on how to do a fluff and buff on your Kel-Tec. I have three P3ATs and there was a bit of flashing and sharp edges left on them when new that had to be cleaned off. I used an emery board like for working on fingernails and just went all over the plastic parts of the pistol with that. I left the metal parts alone.

Back