What's new
What's new

S&W serial#/date of manf.

Huntingguy, that sounds good. Do you have the number you called?

I have mine and my uncles mod 36. I know when I bought mine and I have a vague idea of when my uncle bought his. He's dead now so I can't ask.

How did you find the number if you don't still have it?

If all else fails I will join and seek the info on the S&W site above.

Huntingguy, that sounds good. Do you have the number you called?

I have mine and my uncles mod 36. I know when I bought mine and I have a vague idea of when my uncle bought his. He's dead now so I can't ask.

How did you find the number if you don't still have it?

If all else fails I will join and seek the info on the S&W site above.

I think I just called S&W customer service.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...catalogId=10001&content=12010&sectionId=10504

By Telephone:
1-800-331-0852 (USA)
Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

The number is from the link above. I am pretty sure that is the one I called. I had an early J frame I wanted to convert to a 32HR so I called... It is possible I got in contact with the custom shop... (No they wouldn't convert it...)

Thanks huntinguy, I'll call them monday.

Why don't you reline the barrel and make a new cylinder???

My dad had a S&W .32 kit gun with a 4" barrel. The kit gun is a J frame. You may be able to find a kit gun with a snub barrel or you could snub it yourself.
I ended up with dads guns and gave the kit gun to my sister.

It is the same gun as you mentioned but with a three inch barrel. The gun is perfect, not even a wear mark. Maybe it has 100 rounds through it.

My daughter (13) shot it a few times then it went back to its owner. I thought it was going to stay with me, that is when I called Smith. I just wanted a little more power out of it.

I really like the 32. great kids gun, makes bigger holes than a 22. impresses the kids more.

Back