What's new
What's new

Semiauto and Chamber Polish?

nitrousmudbogger

Aluminum
What are you guys doing for chamber polish on semiautos. I ordered FlexHones 400 and 800 grit(thats all that is available) for my caliber today. We have been using dowel with emery cloth and having to do 240, 320, 400, red scotch bright. Seems like the last batch is needing a ton of polishing but doesnt look too bad?

What are you guys doing for chamber polish on semiautos. I ordered FlexHones 400 and 800 grit(thats all that is available) for my caliber today. We have been using dowel with emery cloth and having to do 240, 320, 400, red scotch bright. Seems like the last batch is needing a ton of polishing but doesnt look too bad?

You're working too hard. 320 on a split dowel with cutting oil for 10 or 20 seconds, finish with a little 600 on same dowel. Gas, lever, or bolt gun, it's all the same. If the chamber is too rough to polish quickly, then something else is wrong.

I machine a hard wood dowel a little undersize of the cartridge and wrap it with fine steel wool, I do it in the lathe just after the chambering, works very well.....

Back