What's new
What's new

Sarco P12 casting

hoagiem

Plastic
I have drill fixtures for the P12 casting that is currently being sold by Sarco. The drill fixture is $105.00 shipped via priority flat rate small box. I used this one myself to verify hole locations and it works great. If you have any questions please let me know. This fixture is the prototype . The next ones will be square. The hole locations are placed at the proper distance from a finished surface of a mil spec frame. The fixture can be zeroed off the top surface of the side plates and then the frame top surface can be machined to correct dimension for drop in fit or left over sized for a lapped fit. The fixture comes with instructions and a list of required drill bits and recommended reamers. The fixture includes two 3/8" aluminum side plates, three bolts, three washers and three spacers.

DSCF0031.jpgDSCF0026.jpgDSCF0028.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered one of those castings from Sarco in January and got an e mail a couple weeks ago saying they no longer had any left. Crappy company to do business with and sorry I wasted my time on them. Seems like every time I try to do business with them, something out of the ordinary comes up and spoils the sale. Screw them.......

Johnny V
NRA Life Member 1976

That is odd. I noticed that one of the part numbers for the castings was out of stock but they referred people to a different part number. They are still available I believe. They just recently added an alloy frame of the same model P12. Too bad about your incident with them.

Here is the final version of the fixture. I included a top strap for the ejector holes. Cost is $115.00 shipped.DSCF0034.jpgDSCF0035.jpgDSCF0038.jpg

What does a DRO have to do with his fixture?

What it means, is that some guys can't map out a series of holes in a plate with a mill, edge finder or center finder, a couple of dial indicators, pencil and cigarette pack. And the reproduce it on a second plate. LOL

ADD NOTE: Admittedly, using a center finder and dropping each hole into memory in the DRO to be called back later is a lot easier than my cigarette pack and dial indicator method. Especially since I quit smoking 15 years ago. he he

There are those without a mill let alone a DRO

WHOA NOW ! No talk like that. Next thing you know. One of the old timers will start in on how he had to work in the mine for 6 months living on worms and bat guano. Just so he could get enough ore to make tips for his arrows to kill a mastodon for winter meat for his family. You won't be liking that!

No that was not a silly comeback, I was confused about the whole short bit of banter. The castings are believed to be Para p12 castings, they are listed at Sarco for pretty cheap. The milling to finish these are the rails, the mag release lock tab slot, the mainspring housing rails and the thumb safety undercut. These wide body castings do not match the 1911 100%. The mag release is not in the same location as a mil spec 1911 and the grip screws are not in the same location. The fixture will allow an individual to locate all the holes needed to assemble their parts to this casting. There is a build thread over at calguns on one of these, his is actually a P13 size, but the majority of the castings that have been shipped are the P12 size. The castings are cut for a Clark/Para barrel ramp. The non mil spec parts that these wide bodies need are the trigger, mag release, mainspring housing and the sear spring. They are actually pretty good quality as far as I can tell, people are buying them up. They will make a nice compact with the right fitting. They are a series 80 so it can be built either way. There are some pretty crafty people out there that could and probably will finish this thing without a mill. I have been busy on other things to completely finish one of my own and waiting on parts. It is doable though.

I really couldn't figure out what quasi was asking so I kinda ignored it.

Check out SarcoP13 castings 1911 .45 P14/P13 Type Wide Body Frame Casting

Before the old timers get all fired up, this is for the DIY'ers or those without a mill, or let's say a hand operated manual mill(file, dremel, hacksaw, scraper...) I have added rail cutting guides to go with this drill fixture. They are set up to locate the slide rail slots and to locate the mainspring housing slots.

If I need to move this thread somewhere else I can.

Here are some pictures of the rail slot locating guide and the mainspring housing locating guide.
DSCF0023 (2).jpg
DSCF0118.jpg

The set of all three is $153.00 shipped priority flat rate.

Anybody have any die maker blood in them?

I joined this forum looking for these items. What is the total cost for all these items and the plunger tube jig that I saw you post about on another forum?

I appreciate that. I recently had a request for a plunger tube drill guide for this casting, so I added one.DSCF0124.JPGDSCF0125.JPG

It can be attached to the drilled frame with your sear pin and hammer pin(in the grip safety hole) and then drill the plunger tube or aligned in the jig using pins or drill bits to align it. It locates the large hole for the plunger tube. The new price for the complete set to locate and drill all the holes for this casting is $180.00.

Here is the latest P12/P13 builders set, I have modified it and added some features, this will allow the home builder to complete one of the castings shown with minimal tooling or make life a lot easier with tooling. I have had requests for the plates to be made from steel for added life so these are also available in 4140 pre hard. The cost is $220.00 for the aluminum set and $275.00 for the 4140.

The castings are not included.

Last edited:

Back