What's new
What's new

Smith and Wesson 916 Shotgun

Gazz

Stainless
Greetings,
Does anybody have any experience with a S&W 916 12 gauge pump? I was asked to take one apart for a total cleaning and lubing and I'm not having much fun. I have determined that the barrel does not come off (but I could be very wrong) and that the trigger assembly is nearly impossible to take off as well. I have a firearms dissassembly book which does have the S&W 3000 and 1000 (they use the same procedures for both) and while this thing seems similar it may be very different. The trigger assembly on the 916 is held in by a small pin and a screw. I was able to get the screw out but there is some serious radial pressure on it and it will not go back in. The pin (at the front of the trigger assy.) appears to be staked in and so far has resisted the efforts of the 12 oz ball pein and pin punch. Everything is soaking in Kroil tonight and I intend to attack again tommorow. Anybody have any comments?

This gun the model 916 is the old Nobel brand. S&W bought out Nobel and put there name on it. You have to take off the butt stock first. The draw bolt in the stock turns into the trigger guard and locks it against the trigger guard pin. You are right. The barrel is not detachable. It is screwed into the frame.

Great! Thanks JC. My "face" as all around clever guy who can fix most things is saved one more time!

Back