What's new
What's new

I should apologise...

10KPete

Hot Rolled
I should probably apologise to you folks for just jumping in to the Gunsmithing area with out some introduction.

It seems like I've been making things and draggin' a gun around since I was able to walk. I've done a reasonable amount of 'smithing, although my brother is the real 'smith in the family. My latest work has been with flintlocks, ca. 1750-1780 though I haven't built one in a few years now. Had a FFL for a long time, gave it up when I quit doing a lot of work for other people. Still haven't made the cannon I want.

My career has included wrenching on trucks/heavy equipment, operating same, certified weldor in most processes, physics research, explosives work, mechanical design and engineering, manufacturing engineering, manager of same for large company, woodworking, general fabrication of stuff using just about any material available, boat repair, rigging, house building, construction, iron worker, etc, etc, ad nauseum. And not in that order!

Too much. Now retired and trying to spend most of my time playing in my little shop and fishing.

Gun collection is quite reduced now, I only keep what I use.

Biggest lesson learned about life: Too many things, too little time!

Have fun,
Pete

Welcome- keep a project or two going and contribute as I'm sure you've had enough life experience to call on!

Thanks guys. I tend to keep a low profile unless I think I can really contribute something. There's a lot of knowledge in all the areas of PM and I'm just soaking it up.

The more you know, the more questions you have.

Pete

Back