What's new
What's new

stevens model 44 1/2 drawings revisited

bearbar

Plastic
I saw a thread awhile back about the Stevens single shot rifles and was wanting some info
I got a rifle from a buddy of mine that was in a fire it is a22 rimfire 44 1/2 with double set triggers my problem is that the springs in the action and triggers are all gone I tried to find a drawing online that turned up nothing
I was wondering if anyone had some drawing they could send me or if someone could take some pics of one they might have.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Bearbar

You could likely do a lot better, by posting on the ASSRA site and like as not, someone there will have a source, if they don't actually have the parts in their drawers. The ASSRA Library has some drawings available, but I cannot tell you if the 44 1/2 action has been drawn much, as the Win 1885 has been.

If it's not too badly burned, the action can be cleaned up, re case hardened, possibly even in a manner similar to the Factory, and it can be safely restored to use. Not a bunch of similarity between a 44 1/2, and a Favorite.

CPA is making a modernized 44 1/2, of which they are mighty proud, but stuff like springs may be adaptable.

Cheers
Trev

Back