What's new
What's new

T C Contender rebarrel from barrel blank?

oscer

Cast Iron
Hi fellas I was wondering if any of you folks Has chambered your own contender Barrals, did a search for T C Contender and only 5 threads came up.:confused:

Last edited:
Almost 40 years ago (yikes) a guy working for my father made a couple. I machined the lugs for him out of 4140, and he had a buddy TIG weld (certified) them on. Chambered for a cut off 30-30 case with a .375 bore. Bullets were hand swaged, and pistol weight. Barrel was a Douglas CM blank. AFAIK, he lived to a ripe old age and was no pansy when it came to loading ammo.

I've thought about making some lugs to thread barrels in, but I wouldn't put anything bigger than a .22 Hornet in one. There was someone a few years back making them.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I was thinking of the 17 HMR. I tried google before starting this thread. Maybe I can word it differently an try again.

The key word is "stub". Someone was selling one piece stubs for Encore and Contender frames that are threaded to accept barrels you make up. This eliminates the hassle of finding someone to weld the lug to the barrel. One can also cut and thread an existing barrel. I'll be doing this to a corroded out Encore muzzle loader barrel in a few months.

gnadoc, I found a you tube video of Eagle View Arms T-Cb stub kits, but they don't seem to be available any longer.

Back