What's new
What's new

Tang peep sight

aloris

Plastic
I dutifully tried the search function, but was unable to find what I need.
I am looking for plans for machining/making a tang-mounted peep sight. I am looking for something which has been proven on someone's rifle. The base isn't important because I can adapt to fit my Henry Big Boy rifle. I have both a mill and lathe, and the requisite experience.
Thanks in advance.

I dutifully tried the search function, but was unable to find what I need.
I am looking for plans for machining/making a tang-mounted peep sight. I am looking for something which has been proven on someone's rifle. The base isn't important because I can adapt to fit my Henry Big Boy rifle. I have both a mill and lathe, and the requisite experience.
Thanks in advance.

Type "peep sight" into the google search bar and select "images" , find a picture of the type of sight you are thinking of. A closer description of what you are after will go a long way.

Here, copy and paste if you can't just click.

peep sight - Google Search

calG, I tried exactly what you mention, but no actual plans came up (as in, Engineering drawings).
MetalCarnage (Ron), everything on that thread is too old to exist or be useful. Already had examined it.

I did not presume that plans would be available from the images, rather , if your preference was known, useful comments and leads might be more readily offered. "tang peep" leaves such a wide opening, it is difficult to start. Personally, I have never seen "plans" for any aperture sights offered on the net, and I am a peep sight enthusiast. Have 'em on an SKS, at .22 rf, and multiple airguns. I just like 'em. (and they help these ageing eyes.) I admit, the lolly pop, folding type never really caught my interest.

The American Single-Shot Rifle Association (ASSRA) sells plans of the Ballard & Soule tang sights for $10.00.
Here is the link to their library, with details about ordering those pans and others they offer.You don't need to be a member to order plans.
http://www.assra.com/Archivelibrary.htm
Good luck in your search!
Rick W

Back