What's new
What's new

10 ga hole

Are you looking for a cylinder bore or some degree of choke? .775 is available from McMaster-Carr; .780 and .7812 (25/32) are available from MSC. You want the barrel chambered too? Any special shaping at the breech end? What wall thickness?

If all you need is a 10g hole, then use one of the commercially produced barrels. Or maybe you need a 10g hole with an od of a particular dimension. Why couldn't you slip a sleeve or bushing type of thing over a commercial barrel? Since you haven't provided details of what you actually need, everybody here is just guessing.

Well all I really need is the hole drill out larger. I think I done my home work by checking out existing 10 ga barrels (ie browning and remeninton etc) and not of those will work for this project.

It should be a simple project. Drill to 3/4" with a piloted drill and ream to .775". Depending on your dimensional need, you might be able to use 1" x .120" 4130 seamless tubing and ream to .775".

Probably about $150 in tooling cost to use your barrel, $75 to use the seamless tubing, plus labor and machine time.

Back