What's new
What's new

Through the barrel flushing for chambering

rbrandes

Aluminum
Chambering 17HMR's is getting old.
I would like to set up a lube flush through the barrel
to push out the chips.
Any suggestions as for a pump to handle dark oil, and a gland to fit to the muzzle?
Regards, Ray
Ray-Vin.Com

Gre-Tan rifles sells one (or three, depending on how you count). I don't own one (yet, but it's time for me as well...), but the handful of folks that I've talked to about them all like them well.

GsT

I bought a duebin rotary union off eBay, and a 1/3hp carbonator pump. I use a coolant sealing collet for my connection. Oil drains off machine through stainless strainer and into the sump, then back to the pump through a large hydraulic filter. My sump has a plate and baffle to let anything that gets through the strainer to settle out. I've done 4 barrels on this filter and the differential pressure across the filter hasn't changed at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Why is it necessary to mention your Chinese POS brand in this post? Is flushing different for a Chink POS than an
Schaublin or 10EE?
MOD, maybe this kind of crap is why this is NOT the premier gunsmith forum.

Why is it necessary to mention your Chinese POS brand in this post? Is flushing different for a Chink POS than an
Schaublin or 10EE?

Have you put in an app for the mod position here? It's late and I've had plenty of whiskey but I'm not seeing any mention of lathe brands. The OP seems like a relevant post.

Schaublin or 10EE?

Who mentioned a Chinese lathe? Why do you bother to read this forum, since you are only interested in helping those professionals that do not need help.

The OP did not mention it till post #8. Gaskill has said over and over that it does not matter on this area of PM. The OP was not asking how to fix his Jet but how to flush through the barrel.
Used to be Jets were made in Taiwan not China. Unless things change I would by Taiwanese over Chinese any day.

I think some people need to keep mouth shut till they know at least who their spouting off about, that is whats keeping this from being the premier gunsmith forum. I know about MR Brandes and his products and would personally like to welcome him to this forum and hopefully we can pick his brain in the future. Also there are some very high end J$t machines, CMP Custom shop uses one, ( not cheap). Personal note to ray, we share a mutual friend Tim Busse, and I built the lower for that 17 upper you sold him, pretty sweet.

I'll third Mr Brandes bona fides as a professional machinist and gunsmith. I also use his products , though with a recent rule change his smoker is about to be a relic.

I'll third Mr Brandes bona fides as a professional machinist and gunsmith. I also use his products , though with a recent rule change his smoker is about to be a relic.

Not the case!:) The smoker is not on the way out.:) When it first came out I thought our market was service rifle shooters. However, for every rifle smoker we sold, we sold three to pistol shooters. With the new scope rule (I am shooting a scope now) there are still all those CMP games matches. Springfields, Garands, Carbines etc.
Material is on the floor for 200 smokers as the previous batch of 100 is down to less then ten left in stock.

Nice to read all the good feelings all y'all have written about me.
Regards, Ray

Back