What's new

Torx head cap screw source?

• Thread starter AW
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 8,591

AW

Aluminum
Anyone have a supply source for 8/40 and 6/48 Torx head in box quantities? (100 per)

Thanks for looking

Alan Warner

Thanks fellas,
MDH, I'll check that out.
Trying to buy a half dozen or more boxes of 100 ea.
Brown smells can pound sand. Rediculous mark ups!

Alan

When looking for these torx cap screws, commonly used in gunsmithing for scope mounts, be mindful that most use a T10 driver. I wrung the tip off a T10 torx Craftsman driver trying to remove one of those screws.

Now I only use the ones requiring the larger T15 torx driver. I know somebody makes them for Leupold, but I don’t know who. If you happen to find them, please let me know. The Leupold torx screws from Brownells are about $1 a piece.

Alan

Goulet Specialties might be the last small family owned screw manufacturer left in this country. A few years ago I needed some slotted domed head steel wood screws with an old style thread. Every screw MFG/supplier I contacted wanted an order for 10K before they would send the order to the manufacturer in China, and would not guarantee the thread style that I wanted.

Charlie (3d gen owner of Goulet Specialties), gave me prices for quantities from 1-20k, and the best part, sent me samples for changes/approval. Got exactly what I wanted at a very competitive price.

Mike Hunter
Hunter Restorations
Hunter Restorations – Color Case Hardening, Winchester Restorations

Just an update.
I've found and made contact with an outfit that is a stocking supplier.
should have more info later today.

Alan

The results of my search for a supplier has a bit of a strange twist.
We managed to find a source that was willing to sell to us. The supplier delayed a final
OK till his source ( I have to assume the original buyer) "approved" the sale to us. This leads me to beleive the source is only acting as a middle man in all this.
Not the open kind of UP Front dealings I'm used to at all! Therefore, I'm not going to say any more on the subject. All this for a friggin screw!!!???

Even so, it would be nice to be able to buy at prices per hundred, rather than $1 per screw.

There has to be a place that can sell these like a hardware store, then, maybe not.

Mark

Back