What's new
What's new

turkish mauser barrel

Pschorz

Plastic
so I have a Turkish mauser m38 that I wanted to re barrel. this one is a large ring with a small ring barrel, and it seems you can only get small ring barrels for lower pressure chambering. I'm assuming this is because you shouldn't run high pressure in a small ring receiver. so what I wanted to know is if its a large ring action with a small ring barrel can I run higher pressure chambering like .308 or .30-06 or do I still need to keep it low?

You can run .308 and .30-06 class cartridges in the larger ring / small shank Turks. Unfortunately, you are going to have a hard time finding threaded and short chambered blanks with small ring threads.

I have a couple of Kreiger 308 Match barrels that I can thread for a small ring Turk action or I would be interested in buying your action to use one of the barrels.

it's not a problem
06 will fit the magazine better then 308
mine will only take 3 308s and feed right.

just started with a round barrel blank
probably a you tube on how to do it out the some place

If you can cut threads, why not rethread a large ring barrel for the smaller threads?

Unless you handload to higher velocities, .30-06 is not a particularly high pressure loading.

thanks for the info, I don't have a lathe so I cant cut my own threads or chambers but I can finish a short chamber. so what I'm understanding is it should be just as strong as a large ring?

The Turk Mauser actions were built in 1949 and are as strong as a 98 because they are 98 design actions with a small ring bore!

I know this is an old thread, but I have a Turk Mauser M38 K.Kale built in 1941 with a large ring bore and small shank (LRSSM). How was the action designed in 1949? Am I missing something, or is that a typo?

Anywhoo, I'm wondering how you determine the contour on these barrels. Brownell's lists several Mauser barrels in .308 with different contour numbers (#1,#4,etc). Thanks!

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize... I'm new to the site.

Back