What's new
What's new

USFA out of business.

gwilson

Diamond
I was much displeased and saddened to find out last night that USFA had gone out of business. They made extremely fine guns,of which I have only one,the .22 Plinker single action. It is of very fine make,and shoots exactly where it is aimed. I had been contemplating buying another of their fine guns.

Anyone know what happened? I thought their guns were better made than Colts,of which I have several. IS IT possible that USFA is just moving out of Connecticut? I know some others are. Any input appreciated.

And,I cannot find anything about the Merwin Hubert factory that has been trying to get going for some time now. Anyone know where to find information about them?

Last edited:
Closed for the Holidays in 2012, as best as I know, they never reopened.

They sold off the half finished, non-hardened frames on Gunbroker, and a lot of their spare parts.

Supposedly if they get enough venture capital together, they will reopen and retool.

But they sold everything for the handguns from what I can telll. I know someone who bought two .45LC frames unfinished, and two .44Mag or Mag cartridge unfinished frames. He also got an AR-15 lower blank, and a Sharps receiver which had been started.

Yes,they are gone. The Merwin Hubert factory didn't make it either. My friend who sent a down payment and ivory for his handles was refunded. It is possible that these guns may be made in Italy by Uberti he says.

I hope USFA can get it together and re open,but if they sold their machines and special tooling,and let their skilled workers go,it will be uphill.

Another U.S. company bites the dust , .............. This " minor " recession is great ................ Yea ' right ,

Hope someone else fills the void they left,

Minor Recession my behind , More stimulus money Mr. bankerster Please !

Considering the current mad rush on buying guns, you have to wonder how you could mismanage a gun company enough to go under in this economy-

Smith and Wesson had its best year ever, double of last years sales, and is backordered-
Smith & Wesson Scores Another Perfect Round

Sturm and Ruger is swamped- stopped taking new orders for months this spring, til they caught up-
Outgunned! Sturm Ruger Says it Can't Keep Up with Orders, Shares Surge | Fox Business

Glock is supposedly backordered for an entire year's production-
Borepatch: Glock: 1.2 Million gun back-order

every major gun manufacturer is selling every gun they can make, as fast as they can make them- so why did these guys fold?
family issues? mismanagement? I cant believe nobody would invest- making guns right now is like printing money.

Back