What's new
What's new

Cross reference obcsure brand shotgun part #s

Avrgjoe

Cast Iron
I have a Westernfield Model 25XNH-402A I am working on, needs a new firing pin. I know, the first thought is this is a machinist forum... make one. That was my first thought also and I do have a lathe but it is still in parts needing a lot of work still. (I got a "good deal") anyways...

The Westernfield I have I believe is the same as a Noble Model 40, I have found a firing pin - https://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=993290A&catid=8872. My concern is that this parts supplier also has the Westernfield model listed also but no firing pin listed for it, I am sure they are smart enough to know what parts cross reference to others which makes me think they may be different.

I am hoping that maybe someone here with more experience than myself will either just have this knowledge rattling around up there or have some reference material that can either confirm or deny the cross reference. Then of coarse if it don't cross reference can anyone advise me where I can find one.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

As you are willing to use store-bought parts, why agonize over that when a phone call or an email to THEM would provide the answer?

Ga-ron-tee they won't reach through the phone and smack you for not knowing in advance...

;)

Bill

:Ithankyou:smart ass...lol:scratchchin: Not real sure wht that didn't cross my mind... I will do that right now. Some times its the obvious that eludes me.

Thanks!!

I did see the out of stock note but I called any ways, I asked about crossing it with the Noble Model 40 and she took a min. to look it up and said it crossed with the Noble Model 60A. After looking at the 60A it says nothing about the nylon bushing and don't look anything like mine. After questioning her about it, her answer to me was "You can buy it and return it if it don't work" I ask about comparing parts before I bought at all. She said we could do that too. I have sent them this picture for comparison and I will hurry up and wait for a reply.

Thanks again for telling me to use my head and just call,
Joe

Attachments

• 2012-10-15_12-39-14_548.jpg
    2012-10-15_12-39-14_548.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 629
Evidently someone else didn't like the idea of the nylon bushing either, I received this email from the parts co. a bit ago:

"The firing pin in your photo matches the original Noble model 40 and 50 firing pin. The overall length is three inches, our replacement does not use the nylon bushing."

I have replied with one final question to be as sure as possible before I order the part, With any luck at all I will have my new firing pin and be reassembling my old shotgun soon. But then again I have been thinking, since I have it completely taken apart I may as well go ahead and re-blue it, and maybe even redo the wood too. ....You know, while I have it apart and all...

Back