What's new
What's new

Remington Fieldmaster Front Sight question

R_Audano

Cast Iron
Does anyone know the front sight height for a Remington Fieldmaster 572 (22 LR) dovetail sight.
As I understand the deluxe version has a screwdown sight and the the non-deluxe does not. Mine is a dovetail sight and the top has been broken off.

I removed the sight and soldered a piece of bronze welding rod on it for now but need to find a replacement sight so, any assistance on where to find a direct replacement would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Robert

I would just order one from Western Gun Parts Western Gun Parts Home . But if you want to replace it with something non stock measure the diameter of the rear sight divide by two to get the radius then add the height off the barrel of the rear sight. Then measure the diameter of the area the front sight occupies divide by two to get the radius and subtract the depth of the dove tail. Take your first measurement and subtract the second to give you the sight height. Or call Numrich Firearm Parts & Accessories | Military Surplus | Numrich Gun Parts and ask them to send you a new one.

Presumably you have filed the welding rod to the proper height to be sighted in. The height of a new dovetail sight would be the same. I have used welding rod a number of times when determining the proper height for a front sight and the process works well.

Back