What's new
What's new

What are they?

ncsammy

Plastic
Hello,
I’m new to this forum and I hope one of the experts can answer my question. I’m a collector of military rifles and over the past 40 years I’ve accumulated various gun related parts, including what I believe are gunsmith tools shown in my attached photos. It looks like the gunsmith uses these threaded rods to align receivers to trigger guards. I have about a dozen, each stamped with the name of the rifle they are used with. Can anyone give me a more specific idea of how they are used and what they’re worth (if anything). I have no need for them so I’m hoping to eventually put them up for sale. Thanks in advance.

Sam

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 204
They are inletting guide screws. New, they sell for about 10.00 a set. I have made many over the years for use in our shop.
To use, they are screwed into the action's screw holes and used to align the action with the action screw holes in the stock. One of the ways to keep things aligned when inletting and bedding a stock.

They could also be used for pilots for a cutter to open up the stock for pillars. I used shop built pilots like that for a cutter driven by a hand drill recently. I looked for the cutter so I could take a picture but I have misplaced it.

Back