What's new
What's new

Where to sell AR parts?

mkd

Stainless
If you made your own AR-15 upper design and some muzzle brake / flash hider designs, where would you sell them if you didn't really want to deal with a brick & mortar retail transactions?
seems ebay and amazon are out for at least the upper.
Not looking to setup my own website specifically for selling....yet.

Good luck. The market is pretty saturated at this point.

However, a lot of guys start out by advertising on the various gun forums. AR-15.com is a good place to start for AR parts.

Good luck. The market is pretty saturated at this point.

However, a lot of guys start out by advertising on the various gun forums. AR-15.com is a good place to start for AR parts.

Yes, I'm 3 years behind my own hoped-for schedule.:willy_nilly:

Any company or ISP email account will be acceptable, but services like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo will not.
getting kinda strict. sheesh. no gmail allowed

It is pretty saturated you have to have something special to get people's gears to grind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Best thing is to get a popular name in social media. Start a Facebook page, even. Once you get the ball rolling, and a decent number of followers on the facebook, it's cheap to 'promote' posts to ensure they show up in peoples feeds. I work with a nonprofit who spends ~$20 to "promote" the events on Facebook and our attendance is typically 4-5x what it is without promoting.

Instagram, Facebook, whatever... get your name/product on social media. Make a website. Make it nothing more than a simple landing page with a couple GOOD photos and contact information. Doesn't have to be anything else. One page. 3-4 files total. Exploit that until you're ready to set up your own website with retail capabilities. That'll be around the time people want to stock your parts in their shops, too.

Good luck. That's a pretty tough hill to climb these days - AR parts. You better have something worth promoting, and as stupid as it is, a good photographer that will get people spreading pics. Doesn't have to be anything that "properly displays the product features" but simply a pretty picture. Look at Stickman, who's typically under a name like 'stickgunner' on FB and IG. Guy does a looooot of firearms photography and sometimes it's not at all commercial product imagery. It's sometimes just neat pics that make their rounds on the internet a lot. Gets your name around.

Sorry for my absence, subscribing to my own thread didn't take.
Good stuff here, thanks for the replies.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back