What's new
What's new

Who has Colt 1911 60%-80% decorator frames?

dankanzler

Plastic
I'm trying to find a place to get an unfinished frame for a 1911 A1. It seems like everywhere i look is out of them. sarcoinc.com none, diyguns.com none. Do i really have to make one from billet? BTW, there are some really awesome surface model and bp downloads at cncguns.com.

I'm trying to find a place to get an unfinished frame for a 1911 A1. It seems like everywhere i look is out of them. sarcoinc.com none, diyguns.com none. Do i really have to make one from billet? BTW, there are some really awesome surface model and bp downloads at cncguns.com.

http://www.ar15plus.com/

they say they have them on the site.

Your milage may vary.

The Tannery Shop is being discussed on the Roderus forum. Apparently they took a lot of orders and deposits for 10-22 and some other 80% frames and have dropped from sight. You might want to avoid them for now.

i have a bunch

i bought a bunch awhile ago thinking i would have time to finish them. i doubt i'll ever get to it so i'll sell some. i'd call them closer to 60%, but don't know the actual percentage. here's what i have.
$100 + $5 shipping. Can work on price on multiple frames. paypal accepted.

3216800052_122edc82fb.jpg

3215946223_32ae85aab5.jpg

3215946279_c9c8623a16.jpg

3215946407_8fed62d9fd.jpg

Those look like castings, I haven't got mine yet from sarco, but they sell colt frame and slide castings for $37.95 per set. If I'm wrong, I appologize, but I don't see any machining marks in those pics.

Those look like castings, I haven't got mine yet from sarco, but they sell colt frame and slide castings for $37.95 per set. If I'm wrong, I appologize, but I don't see any machining marks in those pics.

Right now that is about all you are going to get,very few 80's out there for sale.

And as you said you haven't gotten the sarco ones....Yet, and maybe won't.

I feel his are a little high also, for castings.

these are from a few years ago. I don't know what the ones look like that they are offering now. Sarco is hit or miss since they seem to buy over-runs, surplus, odds and ends. Last i knew, they were out and not getting any back in. But they could have run into more since then. I had both some with machine marks on the sides and these. The only difference b/t these and those is about 0.08 ground off the sides and a couple holes.

these are from a few years ago. I don't know what the ones look like that they are offering now. Sarco is hit or miss since they seem to buy over-runs, surplus, odds and ends. Last i knew, they were out and not getting any back in. But they could have run into more since then. I had both some with machine marks on the sides and these. The only difference b/t these and those is about 0.08 ground off the sides and a couple holes.

Which makes it about 30% more done, that equals 30 to 40 bucks, realistically.

and if not done that much less.

I just bought 3 sets monday, they were in stock, full size only-I wanted compact, but I took what they had. When they come in(7to14 days for some odd reason-possibly amish express?) I'll let you know what condition they are. They were listed under the "old original colt stuff" section of the 1911 catagory. Probably will never know where they were cast but I'll be real P/O if they come in a norinco box-LOL.

Yeah, but I gotta lotta machinin to do on them, and one is gonna be done w/o electric or gas power. I'm thinkin a modified singer treadle with maybe a hit or miss flywheel for a power source on a home made mini mill and lathe to fit the table. When I get this working, and we're all hiding in caves to keep from being obamanated, it'll give the younguns a reason to feed this old fart.

Got the frame/slide sets. all 3 frames look good, 1 slide has some light rust inside, in front of the lock lug grooves-no problem. Pics were sent t
to me over phone, will try to post them.:D
There is oil on them(dark spots)

Attachments

• mail[4].jpg
    mail[4].jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,729
  • mail[1].jpg
    mail[1].jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 2,827
  • mail[4] (2).jpg
    mail[4] (2).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2,067
Last edited:
Jimmy, don't hold your breath, I'm an OTR truck driver and I haven't been home since Jan7. The way things are going out here, I won't be going home soon. I was going on my son in laws word about condition of the frames, but with 5-1911's to compare them too, I take his word that they're good. These are castings, not finished frames(or even partial) which is what I wanted. The zoom on my cell phone won't show much from 800 miles away, sorry.

Back