Who has Colt 1911 60%-80% decorator frames?
Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA, USA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Who has Colt 1911 60%-80% decorator frames?

    I'm trying to find a place to get an unfinished frame for a 1911 A1. It seems like everywhere i look is out of them. sarcoinc.com none, diyguns.com none. Do i really have to make one from billet? BTW, there are some really awesome surface model and bp downloads at cncguns.com.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WEST IOWA
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dankanzler View Post
    I'm trying to find a place to get an unfinished frame for a 1911 A1. It seems like everywhere i look is out of them. sarcoinc.com none, diyguns.com none. Do i really have to make one from billet? BTW, there are some really awesome surface model and bp downloads at cncguns.com.
    http://www.ar15plus.com/

    they say they have them on the site.

    Your milage may vary.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default

    Dan, I sent you a PM. I have som available if you want.

    Thanks,
    Caspian

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    63

    Default

    I think there is a place called the "Tannery Shop" that sells something like them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    19

    Default

    The Tannery Shop is being discussed on the Roderus forum. Apparently they took a lot of orders and deposits for 10-22 and some other 80% frames and have dropped from sight. You might want to avoid them for now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cache county ,utah
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    the tanneryshop didnt his buisness burn down sometime last year?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default i have a bunch

    i bought a bunch awhile ago thinking i would have time to finish them. i doubt i'll ever get to it so i'll sell some. i'd call them closer to 60%, but don't know the actual percentage. here's what i have.
    $100 + $5 shipping. Can work on price on multiple frames. paypal accepted.





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA, USA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    pm sent email me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    i bought a bunch awhile ago thinking i would have time to finish them. i doubt i'll ever get to it so i'll sell some. i'd call them closer to 60%, but don't know the actual percentage. here's what i have.
    $100 + $5 shipping. Can work on price on multiple frames. paypal accepted.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    king george, va
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    151
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Those look like castings, I haven't got mine yet from sarco, but they sell colt frame and slide castings for $37.95 per set. If I'm wrong, I appologize, but I don't see any machining marks in those pics.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WEST IOWA
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Those look like castings, I haven't got mine yet from sarco, but they sell colt frame and slide castings for $37.95 per set. If I'm wrong, I appologize, but I don't see any machining marks in those pics.
    Right now that is about all you are going to get,very few 80's out there for sale.

    And as you said you haven't gotten the sarco ones....Yet, and maybe won't.

    I feel his are a little high also, for castings.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default

    these are from a few years ago. I don't know what the ones look like that they are offering now. Sarco is hit or miss since they seem to buy over-runs, surplus, odds and ends. Last i knew, they were out and not getting any back in. But they could have run into more since then. I had both some with machine marks on the sides and these. The only difference b/t these and those is about 0.08 ground off the sides and a couple holes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WEST IOWA
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    these are from a few years ago. I don't know what the ones look like that they are offering now. Sarco is hit or miss since they seem to buy over-runs, surplus, odds and ends. Last i knew, they were out and not getting any back in. But they could have run into more since then. I had both some with machine marks on the sides and these. The only difference b/t these and those is about 0.08 ground off the sides and a couple holes.
    Which makes it about 30% more done, that equals 30 to 40 bucks, realistically.

    and if not done that much less.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    king george, va
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    151
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    I just bought 3 sets monday, they were in stock, full size only-I wanted compact, but I took what they had. When they come in(7to14 days for some odd reason-possibly amish express?) I'll let you know what condition they are. They were listed under the "old original colt stuff" section of the 1911 catagory. Probably will never know where they were cast but I'll be real P/O if they come in a norinco box-LOL.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    63

    Default

    you should be so lucky as them being Norinco's. Norinco's are the toughest 1911 frames made, they are a 5xxx steel. They make great 45-08's and 45 supers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    king george, va
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    151
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Yeah, but I gotta lotta machinin to do on them, and one is gonna be done w/o electric or gas power. I'm thinkin a modified singer treadle with maybe a hit or miss flywheel for a power source on a home made mini mill and lathe to fit the table. When I get this working, and we're all hiding in caves to keep from being obamanated, it'll give the younguns a reason to feed this old fart.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    king george, va
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    151
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Got the frame/slide sets. all 3 frames look good, 1 slide has some light rust inside, in front of the lock lug grooves-no problem. Pics were sent t
    to me over phone, will try to post them.
    There is oil on them(dark spots)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mail-4-.jpg   mail-1-.jpg   mail-4-2-.jpg  
    Last edited by lazarus; 01-31-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: more info

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    WAiting for better pics of lazarus' frames.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    king george, va
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    151
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Jimmy, don't hold your breath, I'm an OTR truck driver and I haven't been home since Jan7. The way things are going out here, I won't be going home soon. I was going on my son in laws word about condition of the frames, but with 5-1911's to compare them too, I take his word that they're good. These are castings, not finished frames(or even partial) which is what I wanted. The zoom on my cell phone won't show much from 800 miles away, sorry.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WEST IOWA
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Hoffa View Post
    WAiting for better pics of lazarus' frames.
    Jimmy, Go with the sarcos at $20 . It is the same thing.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IOWOLF View Post
    Jimmy, Go with the sarcos at $20 . It is the same thing.
    If you look carefully in the Sarco add, the $20 frame doesn't have the bolt hold open pin hole, safety hole, or mag catch hole.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •