What's new
What's new

1992 haasvf2 io board swap

PAMA

Plastic
Hi I bought this new board on ebay pcb 65-3081j old board 93-1029b was told this board would replace the old board but some of the plugs are missing like p31 840 does any one know if this board will work and what has changes need to be done?haas io boardpcb65-3081j 019.jpghaas pc board 93-1029b 003.jpg

Hi I bought this new board on ebay pcb 65-3081j old board 93-1029b was told this board would replace the old board but some of the plugs are missing like p31 840 does any one know if this board will work and what has changes need to be done?View attachment 208617View attachment 208618

Call your local HFO and check with the parts department to see if the board is compatible. Most newer style I/O boards are backwards compatible, however the style of plug connectors may have changed and/or the location may have been changed as well.

If you have the correct I/O board, ask the parts dept. if they can provide you with a copy of the install instructions. These are important to have as the boards work for a variety of machines and need to be setup appropriately for your particular machine. You may need to fab up some pigtail connectors to convert between some different style of plugs from the old pcb to the new. Again, the instructions will list out which cables need the pigtails, if at all.

Call your local HFO and check with the parts department to see if the board is compatible. Most newer style I/O boards are backwards compatible, however the style of plug connectors may have changed and/or the location may have been changed as well.

If you have the correct I/O board, ask the parts dept. if they can provide you with a copy of the install instructions. These are important to have as the boards work for a variety of machines and need to be setup appropriately for your particular machine. You may need to fab up some pigtail connectors to convert between some different style of plugs from the old pcb to the new. Again, the instructions will list out which cables need the pigtails, if at all.

Thanks Hot rolled I found this haas page I think I'm ok with this i/o board ,I'm hesitant to proceed as it might cause the machine to not function at all ,right now the tool changer and the spindle ccw does not work but all else works finehttps://diy.haascnc.com/sites/default/files/Locked/3/Control_I_O_pcb_J_plus_installation_1992.pdf

Back