What's new
What's new

1994 haas vf-3 + volstro right angle head attachment

Hello ALL.
I just came across this 90 deg Volstro Milling Head in the back of the shop I am renting space in. It looks like never been used or maybe used very gently before. So I instantly got excited! However, I have no idea how to adopt it to one of my HAAS VF-3's and what I need to do in order for the machine to read the AXES correctly when Posting Programs made for this angle head. I think the HAAS controller has the Option of Rotating Machine's Axes right in it?
I also am not sure how to test this head for accuracy and squareness, after I manage to rig it and plug into my Haas Spindle. I do have an idea, but would like to hear what you guys recommend? Does anyone on this Forum have one of these on a HAAS and uses it or used one before?

Thanks to all for your input!

ATTACH=CONFIG]226004[/ATTACH]
20180416_192833[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20180416_191215[1].jpg
    20180416_191215[1].jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 175
40 taper means small bearings and small drive gears on right angle heads. This ends up costing you a rebuild as part of your maintenance. 40 taper right angle heads....yup..dont like em. It basically is held in place by the pin and the pin is held by a bracket you build or buy that hangs off the spindle with a hole in it. Does not have to be perfect but has to be within a few thou as you will not rigid tap with a right angle head in used condition but may want to tool change with it. You bascially use a cam system...or generally do but you can substitute by hand an x or y for z. Just remember to take light cuts..

Back