What's new
What's new

1995 haas VF2 oil line issue

AlexEnderson

Plastic
I recently purchased a 1995 haas VF2. I removed the Z axis way covers so I could straighten them. To my surprise I found a broken oil line. Please see attached picture. The part that is confusing me is the oil line is much larger than than what appears to fit into the coupling that goes to the z axis guides. Am I missing a reducer of some sort or some other piece of hardware that would allow me to connect this line to the smaller lines? I'm confused why haas wouldn't just run the smaller tubing all of the way from the manifold that splits oil to the x y axis all the way to this area as well. To me this line looks out of place. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I would love to have this machine back up and running by the middle of next week.

Thanks
Alex

maybe I'm missing something... did not see an image. Just redid my 98 VF/4- I consulted the service manuals a lot! the breakdowns do usually show the lines and have a PN. The HFO has also been a gret help. once you get into the Service manual, do a line, and maybe a PN... the Haas guys usually know what you'll need. Are ypou running Vectra #2 or going to move over to the Haas red stuff? On my rebuild, I did buy a lot of new flow regulators, but have not swapped them yet. anyway.... Service manuals and an HFO call is my 3c. Rx. Good luck w/ it.

Yea for some reason the pic didn't show up. Thanks for the reply. I figured it out it was the Z axis main lube line. I didn't realize haas slips the 5/32 lines inside of 1/4 inch lines to protect them so after I called the local HFO they informed me of that. So I all I had to do is peel back the 1/4 inch line and order a bijur connector and connect them back together. Now on to testing the rest of the system to make sure there isn't any clogs or other leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back