What's new
What's new

2005 VF-3 Battery Change Poblems HELP ME!

ShoreMachining

Plastic
Good morning guys,

So last night I started to change my batteries out on my Haas. I started by taking the first and second mother boards out of the machine to get to the batteries. Once there I plugged my new Haas battery pack that plugs into J6 port. I then cut the 2 batteries out and put all the mother boards back into the machine. Once I got it all back together i fired the machine back up a black screen comes up and very quickly in green letters a error comes up that says Battery low voltage. After about 10-20 secs a white screen comes up and just the letter Q comes up and nothing else. Once at this screen nothing else happens.

Has anyone else came across this problem?????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Did you check the voltage of the batteries in the replacement pack?
Sounds to me like you have one of two issues:
Dead batteries
Faulty wire/plug/connection

And, unfortunately, you are probably hosed

Here is an update...

On my J6 connector there should be 4 pins that the backup battery connects to while you are changing the battery. After further review the right most pin is missing and that pin is connected to the left battery on the board. I am solder leads to the the battery terminals and run the wire to the battery panel that Haas sells.
Also I contacted Haas and i lost everything. Most likely will need HFO to come out and do the setup.

IMG_20171024_200406.jpgIMG_20171024_200413.jpg

Depending on the hardware you have, it might be interesting to see what software you could possibly upgrade to? Maybe you just need the machine up as soon as possible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back