What's new
What's new

2006 TM1P no price, he says make offer.

mtmags

Plastic
ResizedImage951387069131137.jpgResizedImage951387069201499.jpgView attachment 93950Hey guys, this machine is for sale locally and I'd like to make him an offer. Actually he said to make an offer and he doesn't seem to want to give me a price. The machine is an ought 6 TM1P with 1mb, 10 pocket, and as you can see, the hass enclosure(complete with chips and juice everywhere underneath) and total time is 7888. He didn't tell me what the sp/on hrs. were.

Lets assume It runs as good as it looks. Any deficiencies will be noted and heavily preyed upon when I show up with stock and a program.

This is a cash number I'm looking for.............. actual $100 bills. I've seen what the dealers on ebay have to offer, and they really didn't seem off par, but thats a machine purchase from someone who probably doesn't know a damn thing about the machines history........service work orders.....etc.

Haas's have ridiculous resale. But...since he seems reluctant to tell you a price I'd just give him a super low ball offer though and see what he comes back with.

Don't be afraid to walk if he is just playing games. Total time on any CNC machine is subject to question.

I know with Haas there's two or more system time screens. I don't personally know how to bring up the actual unresetable system timer. I've only seen that screen once,when a tech was working on a machine. In consideration of user intelligence, hrs don't really mean a darn thing anyway. If an idiot ran it for 10hrs, the same wear and tear could take 1000's of hrs when run by a person who cares for the machine and pays it's mortgage.

I'm thinking $17,000. $10,000 doesn't buy poop in a post 2000's machine. For $20,000 I might as well be looking at a slightly older vf-1/2. I figure 17/18k isn't an insult, remember, this is a cash deal, no checks.

I know with Haas there's two or more system time screens. I don't personally know how to bring up the actual unresetable system timer. I've only seen that screen once,when a tech was working on a machine.

First of all, there is no such place. If a software update was made and hours weren't re-installed by the tech then the unresetable system timer would be set at zero.

In consideration of user intelligence, hrs don't really mean a darn thing anyway. If an idiot ran it for 10hrs, the same wear and tear could take 1000's of hrs when run by a person who cares for the machine and pays it's mortgage.

So true...

So throw the guy an offer. Let us know what he says!

I'm not a psychologist, but I play one on forums sometimes. :)

I have dealt with these people before and they have some "issues." They tend to not like to make decisions and can get angry fast if they think you are trying to cheat or low-ball them. I met one at a garage sale in California many years ago. He had a couple of metal storage units for sale. I asked him how much and he said the same thing, "Make me an offer." I had no idea what their value, but I made him an offer that I thought was reasonable. He turned it down and wanted me to make another. This went on until I was frustrated and he was pissed off. Finally, I offered to pay way more than they were worth lined with gold and he said he wouldn't sell them to me at any price! I was flabbergasted and left empty handed and mad, but never forgot the incident.

If you want to try to deal with him, research what the machine is worth, figure what you are will to pay (based on the machine, its condition and its location and what you can afford) and then make him an offer that is slightly under that. If he says yes, fine. If he says no, then up it to your maximum amount and walk away if he does not accept it.

I would advise not getting into a prolonged debate with him on price. You will both end up with a sour taste in your mouth, weather the machine is sold or not.

Just my advice.

Mike

Lol, you didn't realize that the gold lining was invisible. Only he could see it. Actually it had no gold lining untill he laid the midas touch on it.
He bought them, no somebody forced him to take them out of a junk pile and put them on his truck. He then stored them outside for 7yrs to get the proper pattina. Then of course they must be worth at least 3x what they would cost brand new with a warranty.

The saving grace is that when these guys die, all of that good stuff they had been sitting on goes to ebay or local estate auction where his children can finally get something out of dads junk pile.
They promptly spend the money on sex changes, and shark vacuums.

So the Haas machines don't have a non-resettable mechanical hour meter like our Fryers do? Talk about a design flaw.... I guess Gene likes to cheat more people than just the IRS :D

--Hawk

So the Haas machines don't have a non-resettable mechanical hour meter like our Fryers do? Talk about a design flaw.... I guess Gene likes to cheat more people than just the IRS :D

--Hawk

Neither does Mori or Brother ....

But then again, just what exactly Haas ( or Gene personally) have anything to do with a used machine sale is beyond me ....

10/4 seymore.
I was hoping originally that some owners of similar yr model machines might respond with what they felt it was worth, obviously it's paid off(paid for itself) seeing as it's damn near 2014. It's the guys like me who bought it used recently and still owe on it or couldn't let it go for mark.et value because it hadn't made enough money back yet to sell it cheap

I've been busy this week trying to repair a spindle drive and haven't bothered to work on the wheeling and dealing.

--Hawk

Technically speaking they do. However, as I said, if you get a slacker tech in doing some things and he happens to do a software update of any kind, then the hour meter is either reset or if he isn't an idiot he has marked down the current time and he (and only he) re-inserts the hours and your machine still reads basically true. If not, your machine becomes brand new again...;)

Design flaw? Not in my opinion...as us lemmings are not capable of manipulating this number without some research and desire to actually do so - kind of like having administrator rights on a computer.

I am lost on what the op is after. Are you looking for market value? Is there no other similar machines on the market at this time? They would give you an idea of a fair price.

Design flaw? Not in my opinion...as us lemmings are not capable of manipulating this number without some research and desire to actually do so - kind of like having administrator rights on a computer.

I'm a big fan of non-resettable mechanical hour meters that tell you, for example, how many hours the spindle has been run.

--Hawk

I'm a big fan of non-resettable mechanical hour meters that tell you, for example, how many hours the spindle has been run.

--Hawk

Non-resettable, yeah, just like those mechanical speedometers that use to be swapped out with new ones all the time! :willy_nilly:

Mike

check to see if it has "macros". Price you want to pay also depends on features that have been unlocked and included in the software. Each individual feature can be surprisingly very expensive after market purchase. Sometimes unlocking 2 or 3 features you need costs more than the value of the machine. As a reference I sold my late 2007 TM1P with about 12 tool holders, very low hours (under 500 cutting hours)) for $20500.00. The machine I had was without "macros". I really wanted that feature to be able to install and use a renishaw probe. It would have cost me $5500 just to have Haas turn that feature on at the time. My machine was in near perfect condition. If features that are unlocked are available on one of the pages when you pose up the machine. You can ask the seller to get you these to better evaluate your offer.

check to see if it has "macros". Price you want to pay also depends on features that have been unlocked and included in the software. Each individual feature can be surprisingly very expensive after market purchase. Sometimes unlocking 2 or 3 features you need costs more than the value of the machine. As a reference I sold my late 2007 TM1P with about 12 tool holders, very low hours (under 500 cutting hours)) for $20500.00. The machine I had was without "macros". I really wanted that feature to be able to install and use a renishaw probe. It would have cost me $5500 just to have Haas turn that feature on at the time. My machine was in near perfect condition. If features that are unlocked are available on one of the pages when you pose up the machine. You can ask the seller to get you these to better evaluate your offer.

Thanks for the info. Thats a big help, one of the first things I asked about was software and all I got for a reply was: "1mb".

So shes pretty basic udder dans dat dare enclosure and toolchanger.

I had no idea the macro option was that steep. OUCH!

I am lost on what the op is after. Are you looking for market value? Is there no other similar machines on the market at this time? They would give you an idea of a fair price.

Market value? You mean what a dealer wants? This is a private party sale, I need private party perceived value.

Market value? You mean what a dealer wants? This is a private party sale, I need private party perceived value.

In reality, there is not much difference in what a dealer of used machines charges for a machine and a private seller, unless the private guy is completely uninformed about the machines value.

The difference comes in what the dealer (PAYS) for a machine. They look for fire-sales, auctions and repos. They don't to go busy shops and ask to buy their busy machines.

The only other difference is that the dealer is usually able to finance. Which is valuable to many people.

Mike

Thanks Mike for helping answer this...

"Market Value"...what I meant was what you would pay at a market or perhaps a bazaar or maybe even a boutique...:rolleyes5:

Why don't you give us what you think it's worth and we (or those who are still willing) can tell you if you are on track? You've never said what you feel it's worth.

All it takes is for this guy to do a few quick searches and maybe call 2 dealers to tell him exactly what market value is. You can do the same. Being a Haas, there will be a lot of others to compare to.

I own a 2013 TM1p....the value of the machine you are looking at is still around 25-27K PERIOD!

The tM1p are basically a rebadged VF-0 possible close to a VF-1...they do fine work and work great. New that machine today is over 40K delivered new to your shop

If I could buy one for 17K then I would be on my way to the bank and would like to have another in my shop

Back