What's new
What's new

3/4 HP coolant pump safe on a TM-1P?

customworks83

Aluminum
Good day,

I have a 2006 Haas TM-1P and someone is selling me a brand new 3/4 HP Century AC Motors cheap! The connectors appear to be the same, but I'm skeptical wether my machine can hancle this coolant pump or not. I called Haas and as usual: "No sir I recoment you buy the coolant pump kit from Haas". They want $1300 plus tax plus installation, the pump I'm getting is around $300 = ] I have a big enough custom-made coolant tank, I would have to make a plate for this pump to be help on top of the pump. The only thing I see is maybe changing the breaker for the coolant to a 10 Amp, I was told this by a Haas technician that comes to our shop. What do you guys think?

BTW I curently have a 1/8 HP coolant pump but it's not enough.

Good day,

I have a 2006 Haas TM-1P and someone is selling me a brand new 3/4 HP Century AC Motors cheap! The connectors appear to be the same, but I'm skeptical wether my machine can hancle this coolant pump or not. I called Haas and as usual: "No sir I recoment you buy the coolant pump kit from Haas". They want $1300 plus tax plus installation, the pump I'm getting is around $300 = ] I have a big enough custom-made coolant tank, I would have to make a plate for this pump to be help on top of the pump. The only thing I see is maybe changing the breaker for the coolant to a 10 Amp, I was told this by a Haas technician that comes to our shop. What do you guys think?

BTW I curently have a 1/8 HP coolant pump but it's not enough.

Just did the upgrade. The PN is 61-7300, $30.00. I did find it online for $12.00 but cannot find the site anymore.

Tim

3/4 HP Coolant pump

Hi customworks83,

I have a HAAS 2008 TM-1P with the 3/4 HP OEM High Output Coolant Pump option. It has a 10 AMP circuit breaker. I am not sure on the voltage but I think???? it is 220 volts single phase. I am not at the shop right now but if I remember correctly the coolant pump cord plugs into a receptacle on the side of the control cabinet on the back of the machine.

My original OEM pump assembly had a Baldor motor on it. It ran extremely HOT and on ocassion would trip the 10 AMP breaker. HAAS replaced the pump and motor assembly under warranty with a Lincoln brand motor and pump and it has run fine since then. Baldor usually makes some really good motors but something must have been faulty with that one.

Does the Century 3/4 HP motor have a pump attached to it and if so is it rated for the 3/4HP motor, associated RPM and fluid output? Did the $300.00 cost include both the pump and 3/4 HP motor?

As you stated the 1/8 HP pump is really weak. If this turns out well for you I am sure others would like to see your conversion. Make sure to take some pictures and or video.

John

If you use an extra relay, connected to the original coolant pump socket, that in turn controll power to the new pump there's no need to replace the breaker.
And yes, the original pump is 220 V.

I had the same problem as John with the pump on a SL-20. It was replaced under warranty without any questions, so I think it was a common problem.

3/4 HP Pump

Hi,

HAAS 3/4 HP COOLANT PUMP/ HAAS PART# 93-30-0126 - eBay (item 180585173471 end time Nov-23-10 12:21:58 PST)

Opps! the auction ended and it went for $400.00 (Best Offer) I guess. I noticed in the original auction that he had 5 of these available. I believe he had a phone number listed in the add or was in the other items listed for sale. He will probably put another one up for sale soon if he still has the other ones.

I saw this on e-bay and asked what brand of motor was on the pump as I had issues with the Baldor Motor.

This is the answer I was given but you may want to verify for yourself.

"Coolant Pump PN# 93-30-0126 is an OEM Product.
Although we have no Affiliation with Haas.
Brands on Hand are : Magnetek & A.O. Smith."

John

Last edited:
Funny, I was the one who bought the pump. I stumbled on this thread by searching for the 10 amp circuit breaker. I haven't been able to find it online, and my haas guy is taking a while to get back to me. I have an extra 10 amp i'm borrowing from school. If anyone has a link they can send me so I can get one ordered quickly that'd be great.

by the way, the coolant pump and motor from this guy on ebay is the exact same as the pump and motor the minimill at school has.

- Andrew

Funny, I was the one who bought the pump. I stumbled on this thread by searching for the 10 amp circuit breaker. I haven't been able to find it online, and my haas guy is taking a while to get back to me. I have an extra 10 amp i'm borrowing from school. If anyone has a link they can send me so I can get one ordered quickly that'd be great.

by the way, the coolant pump and motor from this guy on ebay is the exact same as the pump and motor the minimill at school has.

- Andrew

You should probably read the whole thread.

I saw the part number. Thank you. I was curious if anyone knew of a store online that had the part as well, because my HFO was taking a while to get back to me. They have gotten back to me and said this:
a ¾ HP pump and installing a 10 amp breaker is NOT recommended. It may work,
but any damage caused from changing existing system on your own is customers
responsibility. Part number for breaker is correct, price is $30.00.
Gregg Miller
HFO Anaheim

I'm confused. Maybe the kit from Haas comes with some sort of relay? I know the pump is the same as is on the minimill at school. I'm going to run over to school tomorrow and check out the cabinet to see if a 10 amp breaker is in there.

I saw the part number. Thank you. I was curious if anyone knew of a store online that had the part as well, because my HFO was taking a while to get back to me. They have gotten back to me and said this:
a ¾ HP pump and installing a 10 amp breaker is NOT recommended. It may work,
but any damage caused from changing existing system on your own is customers
responsibility. Part number for breaker is correct, price is $30.00.
Gregg Miller
HFO Anaheim

I'm confused. Maybe the kit from Haas comes with some sort of relay? I know the pump is the same as is on the minimill at school. I'm going to run over to school tomorrow and check out the cabinet to see if a 10 amp breaker is in there.

I had a similar response from Emco Maier when I asked if I could use the $5.00 brushes from McMaster Carr instead of spending $110.00 each from Emco. There answer was ..it may work ...but it may not...the Spindle motor is $16,000....

I ran my 3/4hp SL-20 Motor in my SL-10 (1/8hp)for some time to verify some info for my HFO...didn't have a problem.

Hey guys,

I bought the 3/4 hp A.O. Smith pump and motor for $350 shiped to my house which I tought was a steal. It arrived 3 days ago, been to busy with work and school to even look at it. Went over to my house on lunch break and to my surprise I received a 3/4 Magnetek motor :angry: Both motors are made by Century AC motors, but I feel that if I order something then I should get exactly what I paid for. I forgot my phone at home so I can't call the seller at this time.

Oh and I did buy the 10A breaker for my machine, cannot say where or who I bought it from because I don't want to get that person in trouble but you know how that goes. = ]

Brand

Hi Customworks83,

I would agree that if you ordered a "specific brand name motor" and received another that the vendor should accept a return if the substitute is unacceptable.

When I ordered my HAAS machine I specified that I wanted a Renishaw Wireless Probe. If it had showed up with a Marpross Probe I would made sure that a return would have been made. When I ordered the machine I made sure that preference was "in writing" so that there would be no arguments upon arrival.

Hopefully, you have dealth with a quality vendor and a return will be implemented without any problems.

Hope all goes well for you and good luck.

John

Guys what should I do on this one? I ordered a AO Smith and was sent a Magnetek:

Good Afternoon, Mr. Diaz.

The A.O Smith, Baldor, & Century Motors are Exactly the Same & Interchangeable.

These units are Brand New, but Have some signs of Cosmetic Wear from being handled between Locations.

If I recall, I discounted this unit already to $ 300.00 from the Normal Haas List of $ 550.00

I Assure you that the products functionality is sound & you’ll have no operating issues.

If your Dissatisfied with the unit, let me know, & I’ll issue a full refund upon return.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks!

Back