What's new
What's new

'04 TM1 Z positive (machine coordinate) travel questions

sirAIG

Aluminum
My machine is tool changer-less. On power restart, the machine will travel to z + 4.510". If you jog the machine down, at any point above z = 0, you cannot jog back up.

Im assuming this is used for the actual tool change routines. Im curious if those travels can be accessed via g code. Calling off machine coordinates will not allow it to travel there.

My machine is tool changer-less. On power restart, the machine will travel to z + 4.510". If you jog the machine down, at any point above z = 0, you cannot jog back up.

Im assuming this is used for the actual tool change routines. Im curious if those travels can be accessed via g code. Calling off machine coordinates will not allow it to travel there.

It travels to Z4.510 based off what? G53? Current WCS?

I have one of these, too. No tool change, approximately the same year. I can program G53 Z4.0, and it will go there. I can also jog above Z0. Don't know what parameters are limiting you.

Machine travels are listed as 30x12x16.

At z=0 I have z-16 of travel available.

If what you're saying is correct about it being a setting issue, Haas really sold us 20.5" travel mills.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pic taken at power up "home" position.
c994b94f518267d3dc0fc16306451700.jpg

A G92 G28 Z0 will bring you to the tool change point, which is machine Z0. Would have been correct for a machine with a tool changer, but sometimes I wish I could change that reference point, but I haven't fully explored.what I need to do. Just re-tried G53 Z3.0 in MDI. Wasn't a problem.

Not sure what my issue was commanding a g53 z+ move in mdi, I am able to do it now.

Odd that I'm not able to jog there, but it really isn't an issue. I just may need to stand some large pieces in here for some last op work on ends of workpieces. I'll need to command above z=0 in order to get there.

Back