What's new
What's new

Acceleration settings and hidden paramteres on a NGC mill

nc.PieceMaker

Plastic
I need to find out the acceleration settings of our Haas VM-6 to determine maximum feed rate for protected moves using the spindle probe.

All those parameters in our NGC are locked, I can't even view it. Can anyone with a classic control give me an idea of typical acceleration settings, please?

Also, how does the security key system work on a NGC?

Code:
Introducing Security Keys
As an Applications Engineer or Service Technician, you will still need access to some Parameters and other machine functions, so the Next Generation Control features a security key system. You can create a key on any USB drive. When you start the machine with your key in the USB port on the control pendant, you have elevated access to the control. Look for the yellow input box with the word SERV in it. The procedures in the Haas Service Guide will tell you more about the kinds of changes you make in this mode.

This sounds like I could make my own keys. And how does a HFO put the machine into debug mode?

This sounds like I could make my own keys. And how does a HFO put the machine into debug mode?

AFAIK, they have their own service keys to access debug and other parameters. It's not like the old control where you just type in DEBUG on the alarm page, and off you go.

And even their service guys have different levels of keys. Our HFO recently loaded new software on our UMC and had to tune the servos for the new software version. It was two service calls to do it, since the first time their only key or guy that can do the servos was busy on another call.

AFAIK, they have their own service keys to access debug and other parameters. It's not like the old control where you just type in DEBUG on the alarm page, and off you go.

And even their service guys have different levels of keys. Our HFO recently loaded new software on our UMC and had to tune the servos for the new software version. It was two service calls to do it, since the first time their only key or guy that can do the servos was busy on another call.

???? Holy Jim'ny Cricket. I swear that it is like they are trying to make sure we decide against buying another Haas.

Back