What's new
What's new

Advanced Tool Management

B88I45

Plastic
I'm in the process of setting up tool management on an older VF5 (2008ish) but keep getting an "Alarm out of tools" when the primary tap reaches its limit. I have the group set to T1001 and H1001 in the program. I have T10 as the primary and T100 as the secondary but all it does is give me the alarm. It won't switch to the secondary tool. I noticed on the TL Actions that I don't have the option for Next Tool just Alarm, Beep, Feedhold and Autofeed. The limit is set to number of holes. I have also tried different combinations of Newest, Oldest, and In Order with no luck. Am I missing something?

I'm in the process of setting up tool management on an older VF5 (2008ish) but keep getting an "Alarm out of tools" when the primary tap reaches its limit. I have the group set to T1001 and H1001 in the program. I have T10 as the primary and T100 as the secondary but all it does is give me the alarm. It won't switch to the secondary tool. I noticed on the TL Actions that I don't have the option for Next Tool just Alarm, Beep, Feedhold and Autofeed. The limit is set to number of holes. I have also tried different combinations of Newest, Oldest, and In Order with no luck. Am I missing something?

T100 is assigned to a pocket in your toolchanger, right?

Yes T100 is in the tool changer and was used in the program by manually changing the tool numbers. The Tool length was set with the Renishaw.

And what does your tool table look like? % remaining? Asterisks? Number of holes? For each tool in group 1001?

T10 was 3 over the limit after the last part. The program ran through the drilling then alarmed out. T100 had under a minute on it and 13 holes. The limit in ATM was set to 200 holes. I have also set both tools to Origin on the Tool Life page as well as the ATM page. I have also tried to add the asterisk before the limit was reached and after, again with no luck. I have not tried to change to a different limit yet, I've just been using the number of holes and G84 cycles.

I was only able to grab a picture of the screen before they went back to production. 0728171240_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
You have to get rid of that red asterisk. F4 should get you to the correct section of the screen. Get the cursor on the asterisk, type 0 (zero), write. That red asterisk tells the machine not to use that tool, no matter how many holes it's tapped.

You have to get rid of that red asterisk. F4 should get you to the correct section of the screen. Get the cursor on the asterisk, type 0 (zero), write. That red asterisk tells the machine not to use that tool, no matter how many holes it's tapped.

We have tried T10 with the asterisk and without,as well as before the tool reaches the limit and after the tool reaches the limit. Our problem is we can't switch over to tool 100 regardless of the group usage we select.

I was only able to grab a picture of the screen before they went back to production. View attachment 204542

Tried on my 2014 VF-2SSYT. Mine loads next tool fine with similar settings. Using tool #100 worked just fine too.

snapshot (2).jpg

Maybe we're missing a parameter or setting somewhere.

Problem is it will not use the next good tool.

Back