What's new
What's new

Automatic Tool Pre-setter adjustment

GeorgeToolmaker

Aluminum
Hello,
We just moved our Haas's into our main facility . We use a tool presetter here but our Haas' also have the capability of using an in machine tool setter. To avoid any potential catastrophes, I would like to adjust the machines to yield the actual gage plane to tip numbers as the pre-setter does. How do I adjust the machine pre-setter to match?

Thanks,
George

Hello,
We just moved our Haas's into our main facility . We use a tool presetter here but our Haas' also have the capability of using an in machine tool setter. To avoid any potential catastrophes, I would like to adjust the machines to yield the actual gage plane to tip numbers as the pre-setter does. How do I adjust the machine pre-setter to match?
George, when the tool probes are calibrated, you put a gage pin or dowel pin in a tool holder, then tell the control what diameter and gage length that tool is. If you measure that tool in your presetter, you should have the precise number to tell the control when calibrating.

These are very nice for what you're doing: CAT4� Tool Probe Calibrator - Made in USA MariTool

If you already have a calibration master to initialize the presetter, you should be able to use that same tool when calibrating the CNC's probe, and your TLO values will be very close!

Back