What's new
What's new

Backup/ Upload Parameter Files

Richard Cheese

Plastic
Hello all.

I have been messing around with the parameters after we had the tech in to do some maintenance on our VF-2.
The backup batteries died and sadly the machine had lost its mind over the weekend. We've since changed the battery terminal in the back so we can swap out the batteries in the future to prevent this problem.

However,
I now need to re-upload the parameter files i had backed up to a USB ages ago.

I know how to save/backup the parameters from the control to the USB drive and have done that (Although i am unable to view my parameter file when i open the USB on my computer, but that is topic is for another thread). Now i am trying to figure out how to upload the parameter files from the USB onto the control and basically take what I've previously backed up prior to maintenance and reinstall so I don't need to manually go in and change certain parameters.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks,

It depends which control version you have, but I remember the restoration is done on the pre-NGC controllers by opening the USB directory then hit one of the F keys (F4 if I recall) which displays a special dialog window for save/load parameters/offsets/settings/etc. There's an option called "load all" then you have to type the exact filename used by your backup files shown on the screen. They should all have the same name, just different extensions.
The restore will take a few minutes depending on the filesize of the programs and whatnot.

Thanks YdnaD

I'm using the pre-NGC,Running version M15.06E. sorry i should have mentioned that earlier
I'm gonna play around with it a little more today and I can let you know how that key sequence works out.
. :willy_nilly:

Back