What's new
What's new

Bar Feed/ face off/ cut off question

chevelless502

Plastic
We have a Haas SL30 lathe with a Servo Bar 300 bar feeder. We are running into an issue with the first part off of a new bar not being the correct length. We noticed there are two methods on programming in the has manual. One method involves just rerunning the same program over and over. The other method involves facing off the end of a new bar then running all of the parts. Then when it loads a new bar it will face it off again then run the parts. We can’t seem to understand how the second option works. Does anyone here have time to write up a sample program on how it would work? Say using .750 material that is going to be cut in 2.00” lengths for an example. Our parting tool is .195 wide. We can use the same parting tool as a face off tool correct? It is just a simple cut off operation and all of the parts come off well with in tolerance except for the very first one off of the bar.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Andy

We are running into an issue with the first part off of a new bar not being the correct length.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Andy

Setting #3101 is your first part length of a new bar.

We noticed there are two methods on programming in the has manual.
Andy

Having two stop locations in one part program is needed sometimes.
So to clarify what your real question is, you want to know how to incorporate the two stop locations into your program.

Here's what I did:

(PASTE AT TOP OF PROGRAM)

M31
(SET THE FOLLOWING VARIABLES)
#3100=1.502 (PART LENGTH)
#3101=1.750 (INITIAL PUSH)
#3102=3.000 (REMNANT LENGTH)

IF [ [ #3100 + #3200 ] LT #3110 ] GOTO100
G105
M01
M97 P499 (NEW BAR FACE CUT)
(IF YOU CHANGE CUTOFF TOOL NUMBER)
(ALSO CHANGE TOOL NUMBER AT N499)
GOTO200
M01

N100
G105
N200

ADD BEFORE M30
/M99

(PASTE AT END OF PROGRAM)

N499 (NEW BAR FACE CUT)
T404 (CUT OFF)

G50 S2000
G97 S2000 M03
G00 G54 Z0.03 M08
X.85
G01 X-0.02 F0.003
G00 X3.
G00 G53 X0 Z0. M09
M99

We are running into an issue with the first part off of a new bar not being the correct length.

I just added some info in another thread with this specific problem. I did several testing to find the cause and end up with the bar brightness and sensor alignment, i couldn't really solve it but i used my cut off tool with a tool limiter to feed in the z coordinate where the bar should not be, so it triggers the load limiter alarm in case of excessive feed of bar.

We can’t seem to understand how the second option works

I use the G105 Q13 Pxx code, in which xx is the number of subrprogram that will run only the first feed of a new bar, otherwise will continue the next block after. There is more info and example y the bar feeder manual.

I hope it helps you out,
Pablo

Back