What's new
What's new

C-Axis Grid offset lathe

mikesparts

Plastic
Hey Guys we've been having a problem on these cold mornings with our C-Axis not wanting to engage or disengage completely. I think the initial problem is two sided and the cold wet air isn't able to actuate the rocker quickly enough for the controls liking. So we took off the panel to look at the air cylinder and discovered we aren't quite meshing up perfectly between the servo and spindle gear and that is actually causing most of the resistance.

We are trying to follow the mechanical service manual to shift the axis but from the values I'm getting I think things have changed since 2011 when it was last updated (machine is '15). Does anyone have an updated how to on grid offsetting this rotational axis? I can find guides on the linear axes all day but they all have a note saying it doesn't apply to rotational axis.

Information:

'15 HAAS DS 30
Original parameter 517: 2800 (manual says its supposed to be between 0-2000)
C-Axis actual value when following manual: .401
It says to put that .401 value in for parameter 517 but I don't think that is correct, it also wont accept the value when I try to put it in.

Any help is appreciated.

I don't know about the situation, nor if you have figured it out by now. But our 2015 DS30SSY has a value of "4100" for parameter 517. Hope that helps.

Back