What's new
What's new

Control interfacing

bdrmachine

Aluminum
I’m not so, patiently waiting on my first Haas mill, a 2015 tm1p. I have no experience with this control. I have some cnc experience and own a 4 axis mill with a Centroid control but this will be a big step up for my shop. I would appreciate any input from the group that will help me get use to the Haas control.

The HFO told me this mill should have some extra inputs / outputs (I/O) on the control. How do you connect / interface to these? I hope this is something I can configure without having to pay for a service call. I have the electronic background but not the control specifics information.

Thanks Much
Brian

Pretty much all you need to move programs is a USB jump drive.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I don't mean interfacing for program transfer. What I want to do is allow my control / G-code to command external devices, like a electric air valve to change clamping.

They are user defined M codes. On mine they are M51-M58 to turn on and M61-M68 to turn off.

Yep, used to control external devices. It's pretty well spelled out in the owners manual.

As a simple example: I use M51 to control a clamp but want to be sure the part is in position first. I would like to test a input to the control prior to clamping.

I don't know if there's a simple way to do that or not. My machines have probing, so if I was concerned about a situation like that I would write a probing routine and check it against a known good set of value. Pass, run program. Fail, alarm out.

Re-read your post. You want to ensure correct placement BEFORE clamping?
That would be a fixture/operator issue.

Check out M21-M28 (Page not found | Customer Resource Center) which will wait for the MFIN signal to be pulled low before continuing. I've used this approach with a non Haas 4th axis indexer. You wire the 2 MFIN signal wires to the NO/CMN terminals of a relay and then drive the relay state with your external device. You need to hold it low long enough that the Haas control sees the signal change (50ms should be plenty of time), but have it cleared before you issue another M21-M24 (most machines come with 4 installed external relays). The MFIN signal *should* be on P10 according to google, but I can check my machine if your machine isn't already wired with this option.

Back